03 Sport trac 4.0 Eating Coolant

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks toptobottom. I sure wish I'd have done the same thing. Supposed to find out tomorrow if Dahmer is going to pay the entire bill. :banghead:

Well got it back and engine #4 has a misfire in #4 cylinder. Will it ever end! Any ideas on what to check first on a #4 misfire? Going back to dealer Monday for them to make sure they seated everything and its all tight before I go back to the rebuilder AGAIN and wind up having to pay a diagnostics fee. Am on a parts only warranty now no matter how painful it is. Thanks guys! :cry:

OMG! I go out there this morning and checked around and found the coolant recovery tank bone dry and the radiator a few inches below full! Filled it back up and drove it around and it didn't suck that up. Slight miss is still there though. Still gonna take it back to the dealer today and drop it off for them to verify that the tech reinstalled the engine COMPLETELY. Wonder what their excuse will be for that! Am sure they'll blame it on the engine and not their tech failing to burp it completely including WITH the heater on that could have done it. Anybody know a good lawyer!? :banghead:

Latest posts