Yup, Right rear hub bearing.

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robert Caffyn

Reaction score
Got the Trac back this afternoon. R/R hub bearing was shot. Much quieter now. However the hub was stuck on the spindle and required an overnight soak to get it apart. The mechanic wanted to replace the whole axle assembly! My service guy put another mechanic on the job this morning and all is well

A very special thanks to Carey! Without his assistance in setting me up with an extended warranty the cost would have much more than the $100 deductable I had to pay. Thank you, thank you!! Bob

I am tossing the idea around on my 2010..... Just need pricing as the Ford website is WAY expensive !!!

Todd Z

I was going to say it might be your driveshaft center support bearing, mine started to make noise around 55,000. You could only really hear it good with the rear window down and all others up. I thought for sure it was a wheel bearing. The first dealer I took it to said it might be the tires, clearly a bearing noise!!!! I put the truck up on stands, set the cruise control at 40 mph and checked all bearings with a set of ear stethoscopes and found the problem. Took to another dealer and had to replace the whole driveshaft!! Almost $800. Lucky still under warranty. Now with manifold crap and probably a wheel bearing in the future, I might be done with this sob.