Wont start, Dashboard dark!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tmkopp

Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V6 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Good morning!!

Have a 2010 SportTrac Adrenalin Package. Saturday, I went to start he truck and when turning the key, I could only hear the relays click. I attempted to jump the vehicle with the same results. I have a tool to check the battery health and the battery is in good shape and is just about 2 years old. Upon further inspection I noticed that the instrument cluster did not light up at all, but the center stack console mostly was working. The only item in the center stack that appeared not to work was the defrost button located by the seat warmers. I also noticed that the hazards did not work, turn signals did not work, and fog lights did not work. I was not able to verify if brake lights or reverse lights worked. I was able to use a code reader to read the codes and the following codes were listed, P1260 (Engine Disabled by PATS), P1000 (Onboard Diagnostic (OBD Systems Readiness Test Not Complete). U1900 (Missing (CAN) Message from the (HEC)), and B1318 (Battery Voltage Low). I was able to clear the codes in the hope of the vehicle starting but had the same results. Turn key and only get click from relays. AC and Radio turn on with no issues. At that point I had the vehicle towed. Also to add I tried both keys as well as disconnecting the battery for well over an hour.

Any THoughts??

PATS in this context seems to mean Passive Anti-Theft System, as covered by the Wikipedia article on SecuriLock. I have been multiple provinces away from the first-generation Sport Trac of my family since May but maybe someone with access to the exterior of your Sport Trac whilst it was parked tried too many times to enter an incorrect numeric code on the door? It sounds like you may need to convince your vehicle to disable the mode in which the vehicle detects a theft attempt. At least on the 2003 Sport Trac, I recall some indicator with the word Theft flashing but I do not have experience with the second-generation Sport Trac, wonder if Ford switched to drive-by-wire for the second-generation Sport Trac because CAN means Controller Area Network also known as CAN bus but the 2003 Sport Trac and presumably all of the first-generation Sport Trac vehicles seem to use a throttle cable. HEC in the context of Ford vehicles seems to mean Hybrid Electronic Cluster. The Sport Trac of my family is with my parents in Manitoba but I have been back in my normal home of Metro Vancouver, British Columbia since May with only my own car, which is a Hyundai Elantra Touring.

Id look over all fuses...

Latest posts