Winter Storm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We've got a coat of ice on everything and it is sleeting now. Supposed to get 14"-18" of snow today/tonight!

Too bad I haven't gotten around to hooking up the used snow blade I got cheap last summer for the John Deere- I'll probably have to order some missing parts for it... :(

This picture was taken a few minutes ago. Notice the coat of ice on the shingles. The weather forecasters just mentioned a term, "convective snow" which is building over the city. Basically a thunderstorm, but with heavy snow instead of rain. :(

[Broken External Image]:

Rain right now in St. Louis, but ice line is just a bit west, moving this way. In a short time it will be freezing rain here. Snow to follow.

Please send the snow over this way! I am 30 years old, and when there is a forecast for snow here I actually have a hard time sleeping waiting to see it. I have been a weather nut since I was about 7, and love all bad weather. Being here on the east coast I have hurricanes to look forward to as well, but snow is not to often found here, especially accumulating snow.

That tundersnow is a pretty unique event. You can get 6" of snow in no time, go a half mile away and have none.. Just like a storm in the summer.

And here I was complaining about it being cold (dropped into the 40s last night).

I guess I better shut up and slink away with my tail between my legs since I am such a wimp. LOL

:(:blink:

Bill-E, we got snow in Wichita this morning for the first time. 1 degree wind chill at 19 degree temp. 20 mph winds. My Trac is cold and I am warm at work!:lol:

Chad, its coming your way look out:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
WOOHOO! Snow is on the way. The snow blower is gassed up and my finger is itching to hit the 4WD button on the trac.

Plus, I work from home tomorrow anyway. :D

Figures we may get snow and my ST is still in the shop... My front hub went bad and was causing some vibration issues. Hopefully I get it back this evening.

My boyfriend thought it funny that he is up here & his home state is getting the bad weather! That's living in New England for you! It was a nice 60 degrees here today :) -no worries-this weekend it will be about 45 & we have to put up the Christmas lights!

We were supposed to get upto 1/2" of ice and upto 4" of snow....

We got....

NOTHING but rain.... The roads are dry and no ice can be found anywhere but in the drainage ditches and less than 1/8" at that.

Oh well. I'm here at work. I did loose power for 4-5 hours due to high wind.... my daughter's playhouse was missing half it's roof and the grill was on it's side.

Latest posts