Winter Storm

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i refuse to admit it is coming this way...i REFUSE :p

bad part is the movers will be packing my stuff up during all that :(

We got heavy rain, thunder, lightning, and some sleet, but it is still 37 degrees (was 69 this morning!)

Winter storm warning, though. Weather service says changing to sleet, freezing rain, and then snow tonight:

THE SNOW WILL BE HEAVY AT TIMES WITH GUSTY NORTH WINDS. ICE ACCUMULATIONS ARE EXPECTED TO REACH A QUARTER INCH BY TOMORROW EVENING... WITH EXPECTED TOTAL SNOWFALL AMOUNTS OF 8 TO 12 INCHES BY FRIDAY MORNING.

My LaCrosse weather station reads 10.8 degrees, factor in a 6.4 mph WNW wind puts the temp with wind chill at a "brisk" -1.6. The joys of Northwest Iowa :)

Nelson:

Evansville, Indiana here......I wish you would keep it, but I know it's coming....Should be here late Thursday/early Friday......and all I have is 2WD and sand in a tube for the back........:(

Yeah, my mom called me from Kentucky tonight. They expect problems on Friday. The last big storm they had no power in parts of Lexington for three weeks.

Going to luck out on this one here in coastal Maine just a lot of rain and wind, inland may get a lot of snow. Supposed to go from 50's on Friday which is very warm for this time of year to below freezing Saturday and Sunday, Im just hoping the storm is going to get through before the cold air pushes to the coast. Planning to drive to NH for some Christmas shopping for the weekend may just get to try out the ST for the first time in winter weather but hoping I will get there before the cold air arrives. Everyone be safe out there.

currently,in Dalhart Texas, The northwest corner of the tx panhandle, it is 18 degree's and some snow.a chill factor of -1._Ron

Don't have your kind of weather, but it is going to be cold out here in northern CA. It is actually going to be warmer tonight up at Tahoe up from 0 to 1 deg. over last night. The frost isn't going to be gone here in Sacramento until around 9:30 am which is really rare especially for this time of year. :eek:

We currently have about 1/4" of ice on everything and a dusting of snow. They say we are supposed to get 4-8" of snow during the day with high winds, which will cause drifts.

Tulsa is supposed to get almost a foot of snow as well. Over here, we are gonna luck out I think as far as any accumulation :)

Man, when are we gonna get some winter weather?!?! It's unseasonably warm here in NNJ with a slight chance of snow sunday night into monday, I haven't even had a hard frost yet!

According to the news, I-40 near Choctaw (east of OKC) and at El Reno (West of OKC) is closed in both directions. I won't be surprised if the highway patrol closes the Interstates statewide before this is over. Near Choctaw, they're trying to clear a jackknifed 18-wheeler, but now the tow trucks are stuck.

It just started sleeting again...it's supposed to change to snow this afternoon and then 3-6" of snow will cover the ice. We lost Cox service (internet, phone and cable) early this morning, but it is back on for now.