Will keyless entry pad work with a really really really dead battery?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, use the regular key to open the door....

If you locked the keys in the truck, use the spare set ???

I have a non coded key in my wallet just for such an emergency.... It will only open the doors manually...

Todd Z

Oh and just in case you locked both keys in and the batteries die... (yep I've done it) You can still open your hood with a little maneuvering from under the front bumper so you can put jumpers on and unlock the doors! ;)

Just a thought, but if you have access to the bed, could you run a 12V line IN to the outlet in the bed to give it enough to open the doors? Some "Safe" jump start kits are just that, Lighter to lighter connections..:unsure:

Kevin L. - are you sure the bed connection only works with the key "on"? I have not tested it yet but it has worked when ever I have needed it. I can't remember if I had the key on each time. I will have to test it this weekend when I get back home.

The 2 inside work sans key, but with my "extensive" testing of shoving a cell phone charger in the hole, the bed plug only works with the key on. Sorta makes sense as a security measure--don't want idiots running down your battery by sticking something in there if you don't have a bed cover.

My 04 bed socket works without the key it would kind of suck if it didnt, I use it while ice fishing and camping all the time and wouldn't want to have to have the key turned on creating more drain on the battery just to use the bed outlet.

Roger just curious about how you got in did you get just enough power built up to use the keypad.

Latest posts