Will keyless entry pad work with a really really really dead battery?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My battery died with no warning a few months ago. What caused initial confusion for me was that I had just had two new keys made/programmed and the truck on the ramps troubleshooting a squeek and when I tried to start it to back it off the ramps; it was dead. It had given no signs of impending problems before that. I was thinking, is it the new keys? Something to do with being on the ramps? Then I tried to roll the windows up and they would barely move. Also tried the horn and it sounded like a sick cat. Then I knew it was the battery. 02 2WD 50K miles

Dave is correct...I have a portable 12v jump starter, it states in the manual that you can back feed the lighter socket for needed 12v use.

Thanks to you guys, I found that my bed outlet actually does not work. I haven't really had a need to use it in my short time of ownership, but I had convinced myself that it only worked with the key on, leaving me ignorant of the real problem...cause it doesn't work with the key in any position :(

Just another reason I need to get a carfax--to know who to address my ire for not taking proper care of the ST. People should not buy leather seats when they're too stupid to tend to them. Not to mention that they rammed the hot cigarette lighter into the radio--how hard is it to actually put that thing back into the hole? I hope they burned themselves. Losers.

Just another problem for me to fix...I needed something trac related to do, that wouldn't cost 200 bucks (cough shocks cough)

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts