Will Bargain Gas Hurt Your ST?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Good article. I frequently fill up at Sams but at least every other fill-up is at a top tier station.

Good one lil Red...I was just about to post that.

Yeah, gas is gas. That's not to say some stations might not have issues with their tanks and ground water infiltration, but for the most part, gas is gas.

TJR

Work for an oil company I can tell you that the only difference between each station is the additives some brands put in their 93 octane fuel. Other than that, they all pull from the same local refineries. That is why I laugh whenever the emails go around that tell people to boycot one gas station over another.

TomT, I use the Sams gas station all the time in all of my vehicles (including my sportbike) and never had any issues. Only time I don't by gas from Sam's is when i'm out of town or on E and not close to one which is very infrequent.

Sams, everytime, all the time. $.07-.10 per gallon cheaper. Same trucks deliver to Sams that do to Lone Star, Walmart, BP and Kroeger

I buy the cheapest gas I can buy. If I could put water in the tank to thin it out without messing anything up, I would.

Tom

I buy the cheapest gas I can buy. If I could put water in the tank to thin it out without messing anything up, I would.

I can't agree more. The Ford 4.0L isn't bullet-proof, but it can take a hell of a lot. So I give it a lot of nothing. :D

i dont buy the cheapest stuff out there. i normally go to a Valero or diamond shamrock b/c the usually have some of the chepest gas in town. my mom used to fill up at a race track b/c it was at least 5-10 cents cheaper than every thing else. when the fuel pump went out (it was a dodge caravan and it was a piece of crap) the mechanic found actual physical trash in the pump and the tank.

Here's a link that has been posted on this in the past about where to find the least expensive gas in your neighborhood....just add your zip code and it'll list all local prices from bottom up...

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStations.aspx?m=1&l=1&zip=02360&x=13&y=7

enjoy!

Bob

I buy whatever is cheap. I have credit cards for a local convenience store chain (Sheetz) where I usually buy gas. I don't think it matters what gas you use.

Here's a link that has been posted on this in the past about where to find the least expensive gas in your neighborhood....just add your zip code and it'll list all local prices from bottom up...

http://autos.msn.com/everyday/GasStations.aspx?m=1&l=1&zip=02360&x=13&y=7

enjoy!

Bob

STanner - You need to check if you have any Citgo refineries around you. If you do, chances are the gas stations have citgo product in the tanks. If not, there is still a large chance that a portion of the money you spend at the pump still finds its way to their pocket. The US buys a large portion of its crude from Venz.