Who knows what this is???

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mini Pick-up (1961-1982)

Last edited by a moderator:
It's actually a Morris Minor, later called Mini-Cooper, now made by BMW and often just called a Mini. I suspect that is a very rare vehicle here in the States? Probably valued at about $14K-$18K. I also found some old (1965-1967) Morris Minor Woody Wagons for sale too....Never knew they made them either...LOL

...Rich

Steve,

Total production figures are probably true, but for what model year or is that the total production for all the years they were made? Do you know the number shipped to the states? I'm sure it was far, far less.

Also, remember that the US Import laws changed in 1968 and many vehicles did not meet the US smog control requirements and were banned from import to the US. That means that many of the vehicles that were being imported to the US stopped because they did not want to make a separate line of vehicles to meet US smog specifications and could no longer be imported to the USA.

Some vehicle continued to be imported by 3 parties, and became known as the Grey Market, which were vehicles that were imported and sold here only after they were modified and certified to meet US smog specifications. Some vehicles could easily be modified while others required extensive modifications....Those were often more expensive exotic vehicles that could still make a profit even after the expensive modifications.

....Rich

I thought it was a prototype test mule for the USA 2015 Ford Ranger! :bwahaha:

Agree Rich. 58,179 produced over a 21 year run makes them extremely rare anywhere.

Latest posts