Whine during reverse

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I didn't even know he was going to sell it. I probably would have bought it. Especially for the give-away price he let it go for. :angry: :(

It was original and you can see what a creampuff (survivor) it was by the picture. The new owner painted it red and jacked it up!!! It makes me sick every time I see it. Sorry, I just had to get that off my chest. lol.

Edit: Original, except for the Keystones he put on it in 1968.

Last edited by a moderator:
I was trying to be polite, and PG-rated, since there are probably people here who would be offended if I said what I really thought of someone who would do that to a GTO.

Flip

Nothing happened. It's just been spitting and sputtering quite a bit lately. The poor thing is on its last leg...or cylinder. It was running on 5 cylinders monday, then I replaced the plugs on Tuesday, it was running better after that, but still making some noises that you don't want to hear coming from your engine. Then yesterday morning when I started it, it kinda sounded like the piston slapping the top of the cylinder, so I decided to go ahead and look harder for a car.

Today I drove a GTO and I was astonished. I've had performance cars most of my life, but this car even surprised ME.

sorry about hijacking your thread. :(

No worries about the hijack. Sorry to hear about your Trac troubles though. I was hoping your Trac would survive with the supercharger so I had my fingers crossed. Anyway, you got a 05 GTO? You lucky b@sta%* ! Nice car, but if I ever got one I'd remove the GTO badges. What trim and color? Pics please.

Back on topic, I only once heard a whine during reverse... It was my mother in law that was behand the ST... I've never heard the whining again, but my wife is still mad at me, I think she misses her mom... :lol::lol::lol::lol::p

I think if someone put a supercharger on their trac with a few less miles on it, it might work for a long time. I had 60k on mine, even though they were relatively gentle miles and I am meticulous with my oil changes and other maintenance-related things, I think it's just a bit too much for the engine at that point. It ran like a banshee though.

Yep, 05 GTO, Yellow Jacket 6-speed with grey leather interior. I drove it today and decided that I MUST have it. I'm going to be leaving rubber all over town tonight. hehe

Latest posts