Whats the advantage from switching from conventional to synthetic oil?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
KL,

The fog light issue on the Gen1 has always been a problem....Ten years ago people were switching to the 9005 because they could never find the 9145's Not sure why Ford decided to use that odd bulb that nobody stocked? Perhaps they thought everyone would go to Ford dealers for replacement bulbs...and I'm sure many people did.

...Rich

en years ago people were switching to the 9005 because they could never find the 9145's

Really? I never thought about scarcity, as until a year or so ago, the 9145 bulbs were plentiful here. Now I can't even find the junky non-SilverStar 5-10 dollar bulbs in the 9145 size.

This reminds me that I'm not sure that I ever "switched" to synthetic oil as I'm not sure what type of oil the ST had run for the first 75,000 of life before I bought it at CarMax.

KL,

All I know is that about 9-10 years ago, people could not find the standard or the extra cost Silver Stars in a 9145 bulb for their Sport Trac fog lights. That's when someone posted that the 9005's would replace the hard to find 9145/s so most people switched to the 9005 extra bright Silver Stars and similar brands. The 9145's may not be rare in your area now, but they were back then.

...Rich

The 9145 has a special reflector in it so you don't blind the heck out of drivers coming toward you...

The LIGHT BEAM is different !!!!

As for the oil, I saw trucks and cars leased that NEVER got the oil changed once in the 30K warranty period. We changed the oil on them as the customer was returning it off lease..

SCARY !!!!!

Todd Z

Latest posts