Water Pump Replacement?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art Garcia

Reaction score
I need to replace my water pump as I am leaking antifreeze rapidly.

What am I better off with?

Advance autoparts/Autozone water pump for 68.00

NAPA water pump for 85.00

Or ford dealership water pump for 200.00

I did a quick search on Amazon and found a motorcraft water pump for 92 bucks, with free shipping. I've ordered auto parts in the past from them as I have free two day shipping benifits. I've also ordered parts from fast parts network. Either way they are much cheaper than the stealerships. I generally try to by the motorcraft part before I buy stuff from autozone, as I've had bad luck with some of their parts.

Last edited by a moderator:
That ls what I'm gonna do. Fords is new and not remanufactured. Is torries discounted oem waterpump remanufactured or new?

I'm with dave as far as new goes. For the difference in price you're much better off with a new. I actually went with a mastercraft from autozone new lifetime warranty. I ask around at work in that was the consensus I got.7000 miles on it since plus a lot of idle time is on the trac as Im a first responder and I let my vehicle idle a lot. So far no leaks squeaks or complaints from the water pump after I initially got the system burped and completely filled.

I hope I'm doing this right! I'm trying to post 1 of the pictures I took when I replace my waterpump. I was absolutely amazed how clean the inside of all the passages looked after 100,000 miles.

[Broken External Image]:

As Dave said, new not remanufactored. Call around orher than AZ. You can find name brand new for for just a few $$ more.

I have never gone with dealer OEM pumps. Just name brand new. Never a problem.

Check the warranty on the new or rebuilt water pump. I always like to say that if you insist on genuine original parts, remember, that was the part that just failed...and they are probably more expensive..LOL

I tend to look for parts with a good warranty, especially when they are often cheaper, and you may not keep the vehicle long enough to ever worry about another water pump failure?

...Rich

Latest posts