Traded the Trac, but I'll still visit.. :-)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Ponder

Reaction score
Well, Since I rarely took the ARE shell off the Trac, and I have a trailer, I decided to get a larger SUV instead of a truck. I ended up trading the ST in on an Expedition. I work from home now, so the ST spent a lot of time parked, as will the Expedition.

KBB for my 01 Sport Trac, with 150K miles on it was about $4500.00. (Leather drivers seat was torn, turn signal worked but would not turn off on its own, and it had some scratches, and a cracked kick panel on pass side) Anyway, I recently replaced all the ball joints, and I ended up getting $7000.00 trade in on it which I though was very good. I was originally going to have the seat fixed, and turn signal, then try and sell it for $8K. While I will miss the ST, I do wish I hadnt put $600 worth of tires on it 1500 miles ago, :-(

What I got, is a black 2005 Expedition NBX edition (No Boundaries), which has factory heavy duty cooling, oil cooler, skid plates, 4X4 (Switchable from 2wd, 4X4 Auto, 4X4 Hi, 4X4 lo, Thanks to L1Tech for the advice!), RSC, Trac Control, etc.. So far, I really like the Expedition. It will pull my boat lots easier, and has a lot more room inside. Not to mention the torque of the 5.4 V8, wow. The mileage around town has been about 14 for the Expedition, which is very good as thats only about 1 less than the ST was.

Thanks Everyone for all the help over the years, I hope to be able to help others also here as I keep in touch.

Dave

Latest posts