Traded the ST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gavin,

I wasn't saying that "Buy American" for the sake of doing so makes a whole lot of sense. I was trying to say just the opposite.

Many of the "hanger-oners" buying Fords are the ones that have talked themselves into the idea that they can't afford the imports (because they don't understand the concept of TCO), and those that buy Ford because of the "Buy American" mentality I mentioned and you questioned the validity of.

I'm not necessarily saying Toyotas are better. But I am saying that the number of people that buy Fords simply because they are Fords seems to be dropping.

TJR

Cruzrtwdgt - You have excellent taste. It really is a great color. Thanks for the tip on the paint. Did you get ToyoGuard protection for yours? I wonder if that is going to help with the paint because of the sealant.

And yes, the parking is taking time to get used to, but the turning radius, I dare say, is actually better than my ST.

For the record, this will be my last post on this thread. Out of respect for a Sport Trac site, I am going to let it get folded back into the mix of older posts and let the more helpful, on topic threads stay on top. Again, I appreciate everyone's opinion. We are very happy with the purchase. Thanks again to everyone!

I owuld have chosen the F150. They handle loads better. There are Fordtube and youtube videos of independent testing for hauling.

Guess what! The F150 was awesome and in a class of it's own. They next best was the new Ram 1500 followed by the Silverado and then, in dead last was the Tundra.

I will say though, I've driven a black 08 5.7L super grew and it was pretty awesome. I didn't have any load in it or anything. It was a TRD, loaded $45,000+ truck. It had a really insane amount of power and I love the styling of the truck.

Congratulations on buying a truck made in the Lone Star State. You know it's built right. :banana:

Something about those rear door windows and door handles just ain't right. Makes it look like a kid's toy.

I rented a Crew Cab Tundra last year and the highway ride was terrible. Expansion joints made it jump. Way too stiff a suspension without a load. Just my 2 cents. Of course I would not want to tow 10,000 lbs with my ST.

Latest posts