Todd Z's Zabteck Performance Website

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

George C

Reaction score
Just letting everyone know we finished the Zabteck Performance website tonight. Please take a look and let me know what you think. If any of the members here are also customers feel free to send 1 picture of your Trac and a small description to me and I will post it on the modded whips page.

George

It looks great. It might be a little bit, but as soon as I can I will be a customer.Great job on the web sight._Ron

Nice site Todd and George! Just added to my favorites (sorry, homepage taken by MYST :p) Any chance we'll see some blackened headlights on there? :D:D:D

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good.

The only suggestion I have is make the link where it says "Throttle Bodys" "Brackets" and the others a bit larger as the text is hard to read.

Maybe spread them out a bit and open the links themselves up a bit.

I just bookmarked it for future use. :)

Want an honest opinion? It looks great but... The link buttons suck (sorry if that is harsh). They are pixilated and hard to read.

Also, definitely protect yourself as pointed out in Scott's first point above.

Looks good but I gotta agree about the link buttons. Guess I will email you to find out ordering information.

Well, Thank you all for your comments, I appreciate all of them.....

We will change the buttons and text soon, I just wanted to get the site up...

As for the looks, No money in the budget for a super site or crazy design, So the garage look is for me !!!.,... I don't make a killing on any thing I sell so to keep the costs down I keep my overhead costs way down....

Many of the people here know me and the site is not designed to grab Internet customers, IT is basically for the Sponsorship of this site....

So keeping it simple is for me, and the site was done by 2 guys that know nothing about web design, So for a first timers stab at it, I am happy...

With that said, Keep the comments coming, And again, A big thanks to Rich for letting me become a sponsor of this great site !!!!

Todd Z

George & Todd

It looks great ! Only one minor critism. You don't mention parts like your throttle bodies are for Explores and Sport Tracs... You just mention Job1 or Job2. The general public may not now what these part fit?

...Rich

Rich,

Thanks.. IT is on there just at the bottom of the Throttle body page...

BUT,

I think we will make it more noticeable by the pictures instead...

I agree it is hard to see where it is....

Thanks

Todd Z

Ah, the new buttons are much better. :D The poor "Home" button was forgotten about though.

To be honest? I don't like it at all. I'm pretty much with Scott with this. It looks as if the page was made using a free web-based page maker (like GeoCities, or Hometown)

Site design doesn't have to be expensive or complicated. I realize that the page is mainly for the benefit of the members here and to have a single place with info and tech; however, in the highly likely chance that someone outside the site goes there looking for info, they may be wary based simply on the site design.

Some suggestions,

Find a site whose design you like and try to emulate it.

Get rid of the background image, or decrease the contrast on it. A background is supposed to enhance a site, not take away from it. The tiling of it distracts a lot.

I'm not a huge fan of scrolling text, I'd get rid of it and use a different way to attract attention, red and bold and underlined isn't bad.

I prefer a static menu, with links opening into a main frame. However, it looks like none of your pages are terribly long, so the menu is quick to access.

Having the video load upon page open is bandwidth intensive, have links to them so people can choose to open them.

Numerous other things that I would personally change, get rid of the center alignment, change the font, perhaps change the style so the links (identification, visited and not) are different then 'web default', choose a theme for the site and go with it.

With all that said, the site isn't bad. Visually it could use some help, but for a first shot, it's not bad at all. More then that, the content is good. Having the best looking site out there is nothing if the content sucks; and having the best content means nothing if no one wants to stick around to see it.

I'd be willing to help you guys out, HTML is easy to learn and easy to use, but tricky to use well.

Todd, I can help you if you want. I'm building three new websites right now and they are all shopping carts, OSCommerce. They are easy to setup and run. And, it's basically load the image and fill out the blanks. You can even link PayPal to it.

Blert, It is there, Just no need for a "home" button on the home page...:eek:

Tiger you may have saved me time and just wrote it "sucks" would have been easier....

Did you start that 302 again after you forgot the oil pump drive shaft???

SST, I appreciate the offer but I think it is staying just as is.....

Todd Z

Todd,

Changing the buttons made a huge difference. Besides being able to see them much clearer, it seems as though the over-all appearance is better.

Todd,

Still no mention of Sport Trac on the home page or in the Throttle body sections?? A lot of people here don't know the difference between a Job1 and Job2. and don't know what vehicles those throttle bodies fit.

...Rich