The Chevy Colorado Just Got Uglier

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fudged Undies

Reaction score
Maybe the colorado isn't up to snuff with the trac (maybe it is, I don't really get into those pissing contests) but you have to give it it's due....

drool...... Still won't want to pay the gas bill though....

<a href="http://sporttruck.com/featuredvehicles/chevy/0602st_stuf/"target=top>Uglier Colorado</a>

stonemeiser, I've seen what todd has done, but this is kinda what ford was going for with the '07 adrenalin. Chevy is unsure about putting it into production but this type of upgrade/mod is also done on the s10 with the LS1. And you gotta like the 395hp and 400lb. ft. of torque. You may not like chevy but you have to love that you can do this(probably as your own upgrade too). Thus far none of us have managed this with our tracs and a 5.0 and the belief is that it won't be easy

That looks like a bleach job to me, Don't get me wrong with almost 400 HP you can burn them up real Nice !!!!!!!!

BTW, No bleach was harmed in any of my burnouts Ever, I prefer not to cheat. Also the bleach allows the tires to break loose a lot easier....

The St would have been close with the 300+ hp adrenalin version correct???

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
It looks much better then the standard Colorado.

If only Ford would get thier heads out of thier @$$es and come up with some performance cars.

Tom

GM has a Corvette, Silverado SS, Lumina SS, Cobalt SS, and GTO...to name a few.

What has Ford done? The Ford GT. Sweet Ride. Mustang GT, great. What else have they done? Dumped the Adrenelin. They even droped the Lightning. They disolved the SVT program.

Look at Dodge. Look at the SRT line of cars they have.

Again, what does Ford have? GT is ending production. That leaves the Mustang.

Tom

Is Chevy's collection of SS badged models selling to their expectations? Are Dodge's SR/T models selling as well? If not, maybe this is why Ford shied away from performance variations. Personally, if the 07 came in an Adrenalin/SVT form, I know it'd be out of my league financially (if I were in the market).

Is Chevy's collection of SS badged models selling to their expectations?

I am willing to bet they are. They have made some mistakes with some of thier cars. The GTO and SSR are two examples. The SS line is out there and with a performance advantage, the profit margin goes up. People will pay for performance. Keep it low volume and the prices stay high.

Tom

Hey, if Ford dropped the ball on performance versions of their vehicles, somebody has to pick up the slack.

I wasn't a huge fan of the normal Colorado (because of the weak engine), but I would give the performance version a try.

The Colorado seems like something that Chevy/GM pulled together in a week or two from mostly existing parts. It doesn't look like anything that spent much time in Engineering or Syling Depts.

I seriously think the Colorado is a POS. It sure looks like one.

That hideously lame 5 cylinder engine was also a major goof, especially when GM has the great 3800 V-6 with more power and better economy readily available.