Swindled for $675 by a sponsor?? Email sent - Todd Z

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chris smith 5

Reaction score
It seems one of our very own member sponsors may be trying to get away with a not so small sum of $675. I believe in giving him a chance, so I wont mention his name. But its been more than 2 months, and he wont return emails, text messages or phone calls. He has told me more than 3 times that "they will go out tomorrow" and "I will send you a tracking number"....... yet I have nothing.

So I sent you email Todd. Hopefully you can help out!?

Thanks.

Good or bad. I am sure the e mail and this post will produce some sort of results...

I do wish you luck with it all....

Dang man, that sucks. Good luck.

I dont know if Todd gets involved in these types of situations since he wasnt there when the sale happened...but I dont know, I might be wrong.

2 months is long enough to get a definitive answer. Not sure what you are buying. But I would contact his local BBB.Especially if he is sponsor, he has had enough time to make it right. or give you the reason it is out of his control. If he is a distributor and not the manufactor of the product. Contact his vendor. IMO, no excuse for lack of contact.

Backordered product, shipping problems, price increases, etc., are part of doing business.

Lack of communication and follow up is NOT. Personally, there is nothing worse IMO.

Be it vendor or customer. Always despised the phrase,"the customer is always right".

Nothing further from the truth. Probably time to take legal action. Keep all emails, etc.

If anything, hope you get a full refund.

Remember, "what goes around, comes around". Best Wishes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Charge back on the credit card?

Also, there's a consumer radio call-in show out of Denver that can sometimes get results.

Show runs live from 12:00 - 3:00 MT

Chris,

I will try and contact this person and see what is going on.

Just to be clear they are NOT a sponsor and have not been for almost a year. I do not want any members to be concerned about buying from the site sponsors. We do not have any issues with current sponsors.

Thank you.

Just to add....

I was only emailed shortly before or after this post....

This now makes it harder for us to mediate the issue......

Todd Z

Todd, he still had the sponsor icon on his name a few months ago so I assumed he still was. I apologize to the rest of the sponsors for the title. I don't want to lump the site sponsors in with any negative feedback.

Thanks for the help. Hopefully he gets back to you or me!

That's a real shame Chris....

I am happy with the parts I recieved from that individual. Hope you get this resolved and that way we can have 2 Lowered 07+ Sport-Trac's!!!

;)

Doug,

Can you fix your signature, Your leaving the underline open..

Todd Z

Man this is frustrating. Again no answer or response to phone calls or emails. Its been 62 days so paypal will only accept a dispute, they wont "pursue" it. My Credit Card company however, has a 60 day policy and since I was only 2 days beyond that limit they went ahead and accepted the claim and told me that they will have it settled in 2 billing cycles.

I really, REALLY hope that I can get the things that I ordered as opposed to getting my money back. But if he never comes around, then at least I have a chance of eventually re-couping the money.

Come on man! Send me the stuff!!!!