so you thought it was only toyota.......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After being onboard for a couple of hours, I see you have a red Sport Trac bill. Has it been good to you? I'm not as old as you are so I'm hoping that this silver Sport Trac lasts me for a lot of years.

How long have you had yours? Have you had many problems with it? People tell me that I will have problems because it's a Ford but all is good right now.

And you black Mustang is beautiful. Do you let your wife drive it?

Thank you

Balto,

Thanks for the input. Yea, I am 16. How could you tell? I purchased my Trac new in 2002 at the age of 8 years old. I put 104,000 miles on it, so far. I have swaped out the rear drums and replaced it with disk brakes. Besides that, I am just a young kid.

Thanks again.

Tom

p.s. Welcome to the site.

Last edited by a moderator:
welcome balto,

as far as tom, i guess he was always just tom.

and btw, toyota sucks because tom's father worked for ford.

Bought new in 03 balto, no major issues.

Do I let the wife drive the stang? She won't even ride in the car, she hates it, thats fine with me:banana:

Thank you for the juvenile reply Caymen and the welcome even though I don't believe it genuine. Are you this condescending to everyone here? I don't know how you get away with it if you are. I got on here a couple hours ago and already got a email saying that I attacked someone by supposedly calling them meathead but I don't feel it was an attack.

I'm sorry to the mods if you consider this an attack. Am I out of line here? Maybe I should just look for sport trac stuff and not try to get involved with conversation?

Funny bill.

Balto - First of all, welcome to the site. You will never find a better wealth of information, or generally some of the nicest people on the net. That being said, as in all communities, there are a lot of different personalities here, and a lot of different viewpoints. To warn you - you will see arguments on politics, unions, news, opinions, politics, guns, hunting, unions, and well...you get the point.

That being said, the people you see on these off-topic boards bickering are actually some of the people who have been with this community since it's inception many years ago and helped make the site what it is today. They are truly the nicest people who would not only give you advice, but would offer to even come over and help you first hand if they could. I can speak for Tom (Caymen) personally, that while he may get into off-topic scuffs with a few members here, when it comes to matters of Sport Tracs and Ford, he's a respectable and honest resource. He has helped me many times, and has even helped my friends. I would not write him, or anyone else you see on these boards off completely.

Please just try to have a thick skin in this particular section. The off-topic section has evolved a lot since I've been here (2003) and this current look (where it is its own board) just happened in the last month or so. People are still getting a feel for it.

Just hang in there and yes, you may want to steer clear of this particular section until you get to know everyone here. It's a great group, regardless of the bickering. I think you will truly like it here and grow to really appreciate everyone for what they bring to the site.

Best of luck to you! And again, welcome!

Thank you Jenn. I know that I'm new but after reading some posts before my first post it just seemed to me that Caymen was the board troublemaker. His posts just sounded like the guy that thinks he is better than everyone else. Like a bully I guess. I'm glad you like him. At least that is positive for him.

Now, before I become the troublemaker, I'll just read and not bother posting unless I have a Sport Trac question because I was already contacted by Todd (mod?), and was told not to attack anyone. So, again, thank you.

Edit to ask:

I see there is a topic ignore on here but is there an ignore a poster button on here? If so, please let me know how to do it. Thank you

You are just as welcome as any of us to post here, so please don't let me squelch your opinion. I just wanted to make a quick point that while the forest here seems rather intimidating, the individual trees are all unique and useful in their own ways (to put it eloquently). :smile0017:

You'll fit in just fine here! :smile0006:

Thank you for the juvenile reply Caymen and the welcome even though I don't believe it genuine.

With all due respect, one of your first posts here was directly attacking me and you call me juvenile?

Seriously?

I am not making acusations, but I have a little trouble believing you are who you think you are. I hope I am wrong, but something seems fishy.

Please post lots of questions. All of the members here will answer it to the best of their abilities.

Tom

I got on here a couple hours ago and already got a email saying that I attacked someone by supposedly calling them meathead but I don't feel it was an attack.

Completely unnecessary after reading all of her posts. She calls them like she sees them.

With all due respect, one of your first posts here was directly attacking me and you call me juvenile?

Seriously?

"With all due respect," it was a fair analysis of your posts over the last few days. She doesn't know you and this is the impression you gave to a new member, "seriously".

Balto,

Yeah, no direct attacks are allowed.

Only sarcastic, "read between the lines" and virtual "drive by shooting" attacks are allowed here.

:banana:

TJR

"With all due respect," it was a fair analysis of your posts over the last few days.

You do not have wings on your back, nor a halo over you head either.

We are all guilty, including you.

I did read over this whole thread. Nowhere did I insult anyone. I simply said Ford website. All other automakers suck. The more I think about it, the more I am right. I have a good idea who Balto really is.

Tom

I am not making acusations, but I have a little trouble believing you are who you think you are. I hope I am wrong, but something seems fishy.

Should be...

I am not making acusations, but I have a little trouble believing you are who you say you are. I hope I am wrong, but something seems fishy.

Grammer police...

Remember a few months ago that guy that popped onto the site, ragged everyone for their grammer, and then abruptly left in a stew?

That was funny...:smile0007:

I did read over this whole thread. Nowhere did I insult anyone. I simply said Ford website. All other automakers suck. The more I think about it, the more I am right. I have a good idea who Balto really is.

I believe the impression was gathered from others threads also. Since you mentioned it, who do you think Balto is?