so you thought it was only toyota.......

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gary s

Reaction score
:smile0007:

FORD is now halting production of the transit classics commercial vehicles made in china for the same faulty accell.

its not over yet .

so tom, what do you have to say now :banana:

Why is Ford using the same part as ToMoCo?

If both parts are made in China, then we have a common denominator here.

:smile0009:

Why does EVERYTHING around here eventually turn into a pi$$ing match?

IMO you could have started this thread with an entirely different tone gary. Please correct me if I'm wrong, I can tell your tongue-in-cheek here, but it just seems like this was started to cause problems with Caymen because you know exactly how to provoke him.

Anyway crappy news, as I heard on CNN that Honda is having some recall issues as well..

All I can say is the faulty parts are after market. Engineering flaw on the part of cts.

Come on gary this toy-ford war is getting old.:smile0010:

All I have to say is as a loyal FORD fan, what a terrible way to start a thread

:smile0010::smile0009:

I am positive they will get it straight.

I heard this affected 50 percent of Toyotas sales?:smile0009:

Also affected some GM cars partnered with Toyota:smile0009:

I haven't seen alot of Transits on the road.:smile0005:

Ford made a pretty decent profit last year,2 billion or so.:smile0006:

Their stock is up around 11.00 bucks from 2ish....:smile0006:

I'd say bashing Ford is pretty weak...:smile0010:

Last edited by a moderator:
And now Honda Fits are being recalled. Pretty soon every car on the road is going to be recalled.

I prefer the reliable "throttle by cable" system.

Gary is just mad. He will get over it.

Tom

I have always thought this was a great place to hang out with many very fine people. I really have to start rethinking. I don't come here for such childish behaviour from grown men. I enjoy poking fun too but this is just mean-spirited. I put up obnoxious people every working day................................well, whatever

Gerry Mac

Like I said a couple of days ago, this was bound to happen. Global providers selling parts for multiple models, and even to different manufacturers.

Was bound to happen...it's happening.

It's global outsourcing. Get used to it.

TJR

As for the demeanor of Gary and Tom all I can say is the two know how to push each other's buttons.

The main problem I see on this website is individuals with poor inter-personal dynamics at play. For discussion and debate to remain civil people need to be able to think objectively, take criticism, and grow intellectually. They need to be able to be introspective...to question WHY they think the way they do and why they believe in what they do. And when debating, they need to not "bait" the other guy.

Some aren't well adjusted enough to have their opinions challenged. They take it personally, as if it is an attack on them and then they lash out accordingly.

My experience shows that the problem is typically caused by low intelligence, low ego and low emotional maturity. It won't change without some serious soul searching and/or therapy.

TJR

The Transit Classics are a China-only marketed vehicle, from what I read. If the assemblies were made in China, Ford just gave their own problem back to them.

let me get the tissue's out for the sensative.

since evryone knows my loyality to toyota (btw, i own a ford & had 3 tracs), i have openly expressed my BIG disappointment with toyota on this site. i even started a post streesing my anger.

so when a ford issue comes up, and I mention it here, some of you all of sudden become "choir boys".

so as far as being immature, you must rethink that.

i "manned-up" and took all the negatives & said i get what i deserve.

but, when the tables are turned, it is an issue.

The first post regarding the Toy recall was posted 1/26 on this board, by Gary S.

He saw the onslaught coming, and wisely came forward stating the facts.

Lighten up guys, don't see the fuss, or mean spirited intent here. Have to agree with Eddie though.

The "not so perfect" Ford brand against the world jokes are moldy and stale, at MySt.

Enough already.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gary, I dont think it is a table turned issue. My best recolection is. When you finnaly got fed up with your trac problems. You did alot of rubbing it in some faces. About how much better the toyota was. Posting pcs over and over and things said. I know that you dont hate fords. What can you expect though, this is a ford site. The same could happen on any other site.

I tend to disagree with TJR about the imaturity issue, for the reason above. Yes Im a ford person. But I have had other brands in my life. I can agree that other brands build some good vehicles. Also ford has some problems also. You dont go to a new dentist and tell him how good, your retired dentist was. Especialy with his hand in your mouth.LOL..

Im not not trying to condemn you. So take what I say as a freind. Awhile back, I myself was getting burned out.About your complaining about the trac you no longer had. And how much better the toyota you replaced it with is. This was before you and Tom were pushing buttons.

Well in the midst of that I used some not nice words and got myself temporarly banned. I believe most people on here are inteligent and mature. I believe everyone has lost there cool at one time or another. For some maybe not on this board. If anyone says he has matured past never getting anrgy and reacting wrong. Well that is a lie. The one thing I will agree with TJR on is the baiting that happens here. After awhile most folks would be tired of it. They are apt to react without thinking. It has nothing to do with maturity or ego. It can very well be the emotional state they are in. We cant know what is happening in their life, away from this board.

Even Tom and very possibly myself needs to stop the baiting.

With all that said. This is for Thomas..

Some aren't well adjusted enough to have their opinions challenged. They take it personally, as if it is an attack on them and then they lash out accordingly.

My experience shows that the problem is typically caused by low intelligence, low ego and low emotional maturity. It won't change without some serious soul searching and/or therapy.

TJR

I tend to disagree. For the reason IMO, I have watched 99.9% of opinion differences, actually being attacks. Or call it baiting or as I said awhile back. The comeback from some is spoken in such a way to belittle or trying to change the others opinion. The conversation started out that way. Instead of sharing ideas.

I dont think I have an ego problem or do I think Im emotionaly imature. Iam a human with faults. But I think that statement is confrontational. In such a way that it draws a conclusion that I would know someone out side this board. I do agree that some including myself need to think before inserting foot in mouth.

Maybe I have spoke too much here. I just know that Im no more qaulified as a therapist than any on this board. We might have some certified therapist here with tenure in practice, duno.

Exception to members that have met and I like them. We only know each other thru what we type. I have met people that in type, I didnt think much of them. After we met they were cool people. Then I have met others that I thought I would like. In type they sounded inteligent and cool as if you would want to be a close freind. In real life after meeting. I could care less about them. Kind of full of themselves.

I want to say if what I have said here, has been offensive. Im sorry and please forgive me. None of what I have said, was to be mean or in anger or hatred. None was to be a conclusion, only observation. I like to hear others ideas and opinions. Not much fun when it is an attack or said to belittle or said in such a way expecting the other to change their mind, to think like them.

I wish peace and freindship for all of us.:smile0006:

Blessings, Eddie

I want to say if what I have said here, has been offensive. Im sorry and please forgive me. None of what I have said, was to be mean or in anger or hatred. None was to be a conclusion, only observation.

Eddie, don't be so hard on yourself, you have done nothing wrong.

Spirited discourse is not only entertaining, it is educational...

Fast Eddie,

I stand by what I said. Disagree if you will.

However, you stated the thread had mostly baiting. Baiting like this during a so-called debate seems to only serve the purpose of trying to get a rise out of the other person...seemingly for the perverse pleasure of the one doing the baiting. If that is what is going on, and boy it seems to be the case, then that is a sign of an issue related to emotional maturity...IMHO.

TJR