Snow! - or - I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Cloutier

Reaction score
It's looking like we'll have a white Christmas this year in Western NY. I spent about an hour yesterday putting in ski trails in the park behind my house. With two storms and now some lake effect, the snow is great. Although, I did see a couple of people go walking by a little while ago. There's probably footprints in my ski tracks now.

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Yea here in mid-Michigan we got about 10-12" friday and 4-5" last night but today the wind is blowing 20-25 mph and now i have 4-6' drifts all over my yard

I was caught playing in the snow too

3db39d3e97f884c964b909b9e620993c.jpg

1dc10fd57cd7312de76936223d6c7a0f.jpg

Still coming down. We've got a heavy band of lake effect coming off of Lake Erie, and the wind doesn't look like its shifting yet. Looks like I'll have to head outside and clear some of the snow before I get buried. The Bills are playing like cr@p anyhow.

Good call T.C. Snow can always wait another day. Especially for some "elixer". Good for what ails ya!!!

snow is cool !!!

[Broken External Image]:

we got about 10" of snow here in southern New England. This was my first winter with a AWD. I took my 08" STA out Friday evening and first climbed my hill, 2nd time around I stopped in the middle and drove away from a stop. Steep steep slope with about 10" of fresh snow, I am extremely happy.

In the past this hill was a part of my day I avoided at all costs.

No more moving out of the way for my wifes Subaru..lol.

We got 2" of snow today.

We will definately have a white christmas.

Had a good bit about 2 weeks ago at my girlfriends in SW VA. They are supposed to have more for Christmas -- I'm taking the quad just in case so I can play in it the week after Christmas.[Broken External Image]:

Shorts & sandals here in FL- and I'm in the northernmost part of the state. 78 predicted for Christmas. Hope Santa doesn't get heat stroke.

Piro, that is mean. :)

I lived in FL for most of my adult life and am finding it hard to adapt to being in VA now -- pretty much all I owned was shorts and flip flops, other than my uniforms. I really miss putting the lights on the palm trees ;)

My son is in Upstate NY right now visiting friends, delayed coming back until today (Monday) because of the snow. He has my Focus wagon with four snow tires on it.

Last winter I learned that the OE Goodyears on my '08 Trac are horrible for stopping in the snow. It goes and turns fine but doesn't stop very well, and that was when they were new. I'll try to get through the winter without hitting anything and get new tires this summer.

I think we've only had 2 or 3 days this month without snow. We aslo got the sub zero temps. The ST read -14 when I fired it up this morning. I'd say we probably have 12-18" on the ground and have another 3-5 expected for tonight. I'm pretty confident we'll have a white christmas. I just hope Christmas is above zero:banana:

cruzrtwdgt,

If it makes you feel any better, we had a cold front go through and it was 33 here this morning, high of 47 today. Had to shelve the sandals momentarily. It's still predicted to be 78 on Christmas though, and 80 for a few days after that.

It actually sucks. I don't envy those of you stuck in the sub-zeros for months at a time, but I wouldn't mind a nice dusting of snow this week to help set the mood.

Growning up as a kid in Wisconsin, I NEVER understood the song "White Christmas". "I'm dreaming of a white Christmas"??? Why would anyone ever do that??? EVERY @#$%ing Christmas was whiter than Betty @#$%ing White!!! A GREEN Christmas, with sun and beaches and palm trees--now THAT was something to dream about!!! :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts