Snow! - or - I'm dreaming of a White Christmas

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm with Bill V., "dreaming of a green Christmas"... Only my "dream" is coming true. On Christmas day, we leave from a current temp of 3 degrees here in Central IL for a forecast of mid-70's at Walt Disney World in Orlando, FL. Bring on the warmth and sunshine!:cool::banana:

Bill V, Christmas Island or Mele Kalikimaka by Jimmy Buffet Might be more your style then...

Mele Kalikimaka is one of my favorite christmas songs, but I love White Christmases:wub:

Last edited by a moderator:
We got 20cm dumped on us Friday. I got a day off from work, as they shut down the city

This is how I spent the day:

[Broken External Image]:

I was excited to see how my trac handles the snow with my new tires (265 BFG ATs) on. So far its been amazing. I can get through the thickest crap in 2WD still and in 4x4 its like a fricken tank!!!

Only problem is that after a while the treads of my tires get clogged up with packed snow and she starts sliding around a bit. After I've been on plowed cement for a while the tire treads are ready to grapple with the toughest snow again.

Now it's supposed to be in the 40's tomorrow with rain and close to 50 by Saturday. Guess I'll have to say goodbye to the snow for a while.

Closest thing I ever saw to a White Christmas was when I was a kid near Shreveport. It was December 1983. I was in the seventh grade, and it was the last day before Christmas break. The weather had been kind of like it is now, warm one day, then cold. It was warm that Thursday and we woke up the next morning to 3 inches and it was still coming down. They hadn't canceled schools yet, so I had to get ready to go. The bus picked me up on time, but the weather steadily turned to crap. Three hours later, we were five miles away from the school when the radio announced that the area schools were being canceled due to the death of a teacher caused by the weather. Come to find out, it was one of our school's coaches and his daughter. We had sleet and snow for about three weeks. It ended up getting so cold that Caddo Lake, Cross Lake, and portions of Red River froze over.

When I came to Poland, I was so excited that I'd finally live where it snows again. Now here I am at the beginning of my third winter, and still not more than 2 inches of snow in all that time. Heck, the grass is still green here! Dang global warming!! :angry:

This is what we had last year for Christmas. We had a week of ice fog. It totally coated everything, but there was only about an inch of snow.

[Broken External Image]:

This is what we had last year for Christmas. We had a week of ice fog. It totally coated everything, but there was only about an inch of snow.

[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts