Sending well wishes to everyone affected by the "Sandy"

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
with all the free time you guys have to argue about which was worse,you should take a drive to NJ OR NY and help clean up..

maybe you can help find a few of the people who are still not accounted for like my friends parents and their neighbor the houses are gone and so are they.

Last edited by a moderator:
bob k,

Exactly my point.

I am sorry to hear about your loss, and hope that all your friends and love ones are found safe and sound.

...Rich

Bob K,

Sorry to hear about your friends parents.

I've been plenty busy helping friends clean up and rebuilt here outside of Philadelphia. I would agree that there are better things to do than to argue which storm was worse. I'm glad I never actually argued that point.

I did state that I felt this storm was worse than Irene for those north of D.C., mostly to inform Stad that this storm was unlike Irene for those coastal areas north of him. It was my way to affirm that I understood him say that for his area Irene was worse, but please make no mistake, for areas north of him, this storm seemed to have much more of an impact than Irene.

I didn't feel that statement would come off as some "storm pissing contest", but as I said, maybe we have turned into a nation of many that have lost the ability to discuss certain topics without getting our feelings hurt.

TJR

This is my first time on since 10/31. I went 6 days with no power, but I am thankful that my house sustained no damage and all my family in the area is fine. I cant say the same for a fellow firefighter, who is also the uncle of a very good friend of mine. He passed away in the line of duty when a tree fell on him and crushed him at a fire scene. Sandy left a serious path of destruction in my town. I spent more time of the fire trucks than I did at home for a couple days. As bad as it was here, I am thankful it wasn't as bad as NY/NJ. My heart goes out to the people living there. Just finished up cleaning the yard and helped a neighbor clear a tree away that went down on his house. didn't cause too much damage though thankfully.

Mike

Latest posts