Rear Ended Again Tonight - Hit and Run - Illegal Alien

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alan Peters

Reaction score
Well, title says it. I was sitting at a red light and this dude pulls out of construction work area and hits me. He backs up and gets out and the passanger gets out and runs into the dark. So I was thinking, I'm I going to get carjacked. This mexican comes to me with choppy english, offers me 100 bucks for the damage. I said I'm calling the police. He repeats, 200, 400, 500, then a 1000. I said dude, I'm calling the cops. He told me he is an illegal and has no insurance. So I started back to look at his license plate and he jumps in the truck the throws it in reverse. The cops just pick up the phone. So I yelled at the police, I was just rear ended and the mexican just through his Red Silverado/Serria in reverse, he's driving away. About 5 minutes the cops came but he was gone. They followed him tracks in the dirt and lost him in a neighborhood. The police said 2 things, carjacking/truck was stolen or he is stealing equipment from the construction site.

The scary part was is he kept moving towards me, I took a couple of steps back. He tried to grab my cell phone once. I guess I'm glad I'm still here, alive. But I told the police guy if you see him, call me all hours of the night. This is a feleny crime now. I just hope insurance will cover all the damage.

Here are some pics:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Just finished resizing them. I have the shakes still. To have officer tell you this is common in car jacking, I just froze. This makes me wonder if I should get a CWP.

Well I'm sure if he was allowed to have a NY drivers license he would also have insurance. If you believe that I have a nice Bridge in Brooklyn you can have for a song. Sorry about your truck. Isn't about time we get rid of the illegals?

Isn't fair anymore. These illegals get in this county, get cars, no insurance or license. The cop shared my thoughts also.

Sorry to hear. Glad you are ok. Unfortunately, the insurance will cover the repairs (good news), but you will eat the deductible cost (bad news). Happened to us when we were hit by an uninsured motorist. We paid the deductible ($500), got it fixed, the insurance co. took him to court (he didn't show), it was found in thier favor, and we are still out our $500.:wacko:

That sucks, glad you werent harmed. My '73 340 Cuda, was totaled by an illegal running a red light. No licsense or insurance. He got arrested then fled back to Mexico. I got very little from my insurance as for what it was worth to me..:(

I think the only thing going for me is I was stopped on a major road plus I was hit in the rear. The way my insurance is set up, is the rear end in no fault regardless if the person has insurance or not. But I could be wrong. Plus fleeing the sence of an accident, and the police report, I just pray its in my favor and they wave the deductible.

Sorry to hear it. Illegals know that even if they get caught, nothing will be done to them. Getting caught just postpones the next free range adventure. :angry:

Gavin said:
Too bad you didn't have a handgun...

Why is that? As described it didn't sound like Big Al was ever threatened. I'm sure you wouldn't have wanted Big Al to pull the gun on the illegal to try to hold him there for the police, nor would you want to shoot him for fleeing the scene. I suspect either of those latter actions would have Big Al in hot water.

TJR

The scary part was is he kept moving towards me, I took a couple of steps back. He tried to grab my cell phone once

Sounds to me that this guy was approaching, in a threatening manner, to try and stop him from calling the cops. If he had a CWP he could have asserted himself a little more on this illegal, granted he still would have run, but probably a little quicker. I am sure he would have felt a heck of a lot safer though..... I know I would.

Glad to see you are physically okay Big Al. Best of luck with your insurance. It's sad that we Americans, who have been here for generations, get (literally) run all over by the illegals and the government that seems to not care...

Yeah, Jenn, I considered that.

But I also recognize the outcome. Hindsight is 20x20, and this guy didn't hurt Big Al.

If the story ended with an abduction, or a one-sided fight, or some other "fear for life" violence then I would be the first to admit and wish that Big Al had a gun.

But as far as "kept moving towards me" and "grab my cellphone", I don't necessarily think those are life threatening.

People, IMHO, should brandish a firearm when their life is threatened. Not before.

I won't argue with the "feel safer" assertion. Yes, I guess I would probably feel saver. But if everyone had guns for "easier conflict resolution" and so that they "felt saver", I'm not so sure that I would feel saver.

I wish it were the late 1800s and we all carried firearms and our laws were such that people (and judges) easily recognized right, and wrong. Back then, people would should simply be shot for being a menace to society, and that was okay. Back then, shooting this guy as he fled would have been accepted. But we don't live in that world anymore. Acting as if we do, and arming accordingly is "part of the problem", IMHO.

TJR

Agreed. Hindsight is 20x20, but in this day in age, you can never seem to anticipate what is really going to happen in the moment. I am sure Big Al had a million things going through his head at the time. I know I'd be thinking, among other things, "where's the nearest place I can go if this guy comes after me". Now, if I had a CWP and was armed, I'd probably have only two thoughts "I'm calling the cops" and "if this guy comes after me, I'm grabbing my gun".

It's a sad realization that most people do not feel safe in today's society. We are confronted every day with stories just like this. So, as I see it, you can either hope that someone will be ready to save you in your time of need, or you can know that you have the ability to not go down without a fight. I really wish it wasn't this way...

I too wish it wasn't this way, Jenn D.

Now it is time for someone to put up the quote about how increased gun ownership increases civility.

Again, I have no issue with gun ownership, and I don't really even care if MORE guns are on the street.

I appreciate the stats and studies on both sides:

<object width="425" height="350"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/qyoLuTjguJA"></param><param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/qyoLuTjguJA" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"></embed></object>

My main concern and wish is that people who do have guns own them and use them responsibly, and brandish them only when really threatened.

TJR

It's sad that we Americans, who have been here for generations, get (literally) run all over by the illegals and the government that seems to not care...

Now you know how the Native Americans felt.

Tom

Tom, I respect your sentiment, but I belong here. My father is a direct discendent of a long line of Cherokee indians. So I belong to this land as much as any other person.

Latest posts