Quirky problems with my used FEST

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I just bought an 03 ST - it came with some minor annoying problems:

1) the left turn signal wouldn't work (wouldn't hold in the turn mode and flashed rapidly - didn't flash the rear light.

My dealer said it was the switch and replaced it (expensive). Now I noticed that the right signal does the same thing but only when the steering wheel is in the lowest adjustment position. When I reposition the wheel up it works fine. Is possible that the problem wasn't with the the switch but something else?

2) The radio (Panasonic premium) has an annoying static buzz on the AM stations and they seem weaker than they should be for my location.

3) When I have the climate system on I think I hear the compressor clicking on and off as if the air conditioning was on but the settings are on normal circulation, not AC or defrost.

Are these common problems with the ST?

1) Tilt your steering column UP and or Down nd re try....There is a common issue with the wiring in the steering column.

2) Most ST radios don't get AM good

3) Normal..

Todd Z

The AC comes on automatically for most positions. I think it does not come on with off, floor or middle selected. There is also a temperature interlock where it won't come on below a particular outside air temperature.