Question to members about ST Events..What is your thought?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A National meet is only once a year, What would make you TRAVEL a distance to go to one or What would it take to draw your interest for you to really want to go?

What with time and money and such, I'd say 300 miles is my limit even if there's free beer and a bikini contest. :cool:

Gypsy,

I think organized events are fine for major meets, like the National, but I actually prefer the less formal kind. I don't need prizes and food to lure me to a local meet. I wouldn't mind the kind of meet Paul Brezina suggested at the end of the National meet at the Stockyards - just a get-together for lunch or a movie, or something along those lines. That way, nobody has to organize much of anything.

My 2 cents.

By the way, I'd travel a lot further than 300 miles for a bikini contest. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
I sent an email to Bryan At ford... Let me see what he has to say about a livvle 06... :cool:

Got his auto reply, He will not be in till Thursday... grrrrrrr.....:angry:

Todd Z

I was glad to be able to schedule a tour of the Proving Grounds out here in AZ. It made for a Special meet. That was alot of fun and so much knowledge we all left with. Ford, I think, is considering a National Meet in Dearborn or Detroit *forget which*

keep the posts coming!

" re: Question to members about ST Events..What is your thought? by nobleman,11/14/2005 17:48 ET

What if we challenge an avalanche forum to a paintball match?

Or what about a Ford Classic paintball event with all Ford owners?"

Hell ya on that paint ball match! ;) I HATE THOSE AVALANCHES....YUCKEDY YUCK !

I am new to this board as well but LOVE my Sporty. I have a theme picked out and I am currently waiting on my plates now. Thats starts the themse and then I will be posting the projects pic by pic , part by part! It will be intresting. Any one in the Business of custom parts, rims, graphics,video systems wanting to take part and sponsor , then please contact me and I will fill you in on the details. This will be a HUGE production for a major sports team. This will end up being a show truck of outstanding quality.

Heck I am starting off with the best allready ;)

I am intrested in meeting with other ST owners to find out how to do the things I want to do. In example lower...or lift..What would be better ? The engine..I want to put a turbo charger on it and let the ponies out! But I dont want Nitrous. The interior is allready nice with the Adrenalin leather package ...But what have others done to even enhance it more?

I live in East Texas and was so disapointed to miss the un vailing of the 07 at the State Fair. I didnt get enough notice. On top of that the 05 Annual was the same weekend in Fort Worth. Good in theory but not cool for us who couldnt make it..Shoot I missed both. Come on.

I would love to meet with as many of you as possible. PLEASE keep my on the list and informed of what is up and coming.

Is there a place to sign up for NEWS LEtters,,,MEET LETTERS...PARTS DEALER MEETINGS...Those are all different catagories I would love to take place in.

Thanks you all and I am still waiting on the 05 Meet pictures to be posted. I have been told by ,many they would be posted but havent seen anything still as of yet.

Scott Bush

East Texas

Haven't had my st very long but still, and I mean no dissrespect when I say this, I probably wouldn't go anyway. I only get 4 weeks of vacation and if I'm not on a family trip then I am usually staying home doing something around the house spending time with my family or just lounging and drinking beer. I work nights and don't usually see the wife & 2 kids much except in the summer so I try and make up then for the rest of the year.

Paintball contest sounds fun, however you KNOW Us ST folks would win, Then we'd have Toyo, Mopar and probably JEEP folks wanting to take our title and challenge. You know, Avalanche owners are too cushy to win! :lol::lol: (I do believe Ford could help in the matter of voicing the "challenge to competitors and their owners) :)

National meet or any local meet is ALWAYS family oriented. Every national meet has days of scheduled events, however this does not mean anyone has to committe to coming to EVERY event. There is only ONE day that is the actual Meet day. The rest is for the folks that might want to take advantage of the Red carpet Ford rolls out to us ST owners.

Keep the posts coming folks!

I'd like to see pretty much what we had in Ft. Worth as far as a local meet. The only thing I didn't like about Dallas 4 was that only 20 ST's showed up, but that's not the fault of the hosts.

I really enjoyed the concours event (of course! :D ), and competing for prizes. As for me, I'm in it to see the Tracs. I like going just to see some of the mods in person, and to meet people I talk to everyday but never see. Now I thought what you did in AZ was cool with the proving ground tours was cool, and I know we don't have one of those at every meet, but a convoy and "field trip" to take in the local sights is pretty cool too. That's one thing I had fun with at Nelson's OKC meet. Sure, attendance should've been MUCH better, but I really enjoyed taking in Bricktown and the OKC Memorial. We do need more midwest meets, though. One more thing, if we ever get a chance to do laps at a speedway I'm all for that!!

At the Vegas 05 meet, Jerry had set up a tour of the Shelby museum. That was really cool too!

One more thing, if we ever get a chance to do laps at a speedway I'm all for that!!

YEP ME TOO! I'd have to ride with somebody though! :lol:

Keep the posts coming!

What I did with my meets is leave room for suggestions or other small things... like the 2nd Annual Clearwater, Florida Meet: Steve suggested a great place for photos, and Bill gave some ideas for lunch... so sometimes it's nice to have a suggestion time... if time allows, that is.

Hey I am from Clearwater. When is the next Clearwater meet? I could see us doing a nice road rally up and down all the causeways then dinner at Bahama Breeze and then drinks at Green Iguana all night. LOL

All very good input... I'd like to keep this post going and would like the New Members to also give their op on what they expect at such events.

For those of us that organize these, this is very valuable info for us.

Please Keep the posts coming. :) And Thank you to all that have particiapted in this thread!

I am a member of another truck club and we have been working to get the Florida Chapter active again. There is a yearly meet that we go to each spring in GA and we recently started a fall meet in Daytona. We make it the same time every year so people can plan vacations around it.

As for the local meets, the more informal the better. A lot of times we find a restaurant with good parking and all meet there. Hooters and Winghouse are the popular choices, but not always. We have even called the managers of those restaurants to organize specific places in the parking lot, so we can park together and put up the banners we have.

We have found that the more we have the more apt someone is to show up. We always post the pictures right after the meet so that everyone that could not come, can see how much fun they missed. We also try to have a prize for the person that had to drive the farthest, to encourage the out of towners to come on occasion.

Part of the problem is that many of us are busy or there are only one or two ST's in the area. I think the more we try this the better each of the subsequent ones are going to be. Anyone should be able to have a get together (GTG). Figure out a place, and time and post it. If only a few show up, have a blast and then post the pictures.

Mod parties are very popular with my husband's Harley Truck club. They all bring their new mods, tools, muscle and expertise and work on each other's trucks.

Rainbow ST, very good imput as well! Great idea, I like the Mod party thing.

Keep the Posts coming!
:)

I noticed this thread sort of died. One other suggestion I have is to combine the ST meets with other Ford Clubs just to get the interest up.

I am the only ST in my club that comes to most of the meets, so what I can do is let you guys know when there is a GTG or meet on the other site, just so you can see what we do.

Maybe that will help to get more interest for ST only meets.

Rainbow, yes it did sort of die out ..but still as you did somebody will bring it back :)

I'd love to host another SW Regional Meet... I don't know if it will be this year...if I do it will probably be in the fall when the weather in AZ is not soo hot. I still have a contact at the local Ford dealership in mytown. One day, I'll be more on the east coast ;) ...I hope to be able to plan events out that way as well. Will be nice to meet North East members :) I'd definately host a Florida meet if I still lived out that way.

I love my Sport Trac!:D

I would like to see meets in our area. But, planning is the key and knowing far enough in advance. I am fortunate in that I work a 12 hour shift and have every other weekend off. It fell right in line for Louisville this week. We tavel to semi truck shows all over the country for Jims business and I watch for meets in those areas as well.

I think Carlisle is a good idea we attended the all truck nationals there last year. But, we had a vendoe booth so I did not show. I think the all truck shows are fun and it would be a great way to have a group of STs together.

Mel

mrsartrigs

sorry so long for this response :)

i hear ya... and I'll be moving to Pa in this next year, maybe I can host one up that way.

NW Pa look out! *grin*:D

Latest posts