Political Facts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I figured Frank would be voting for McCain since he served in the military and Obama did not (like Hannity, Limbaugh, Cheney, Krauthammer, Coulter, etc.). :lol:

JD,

You don't neet to cap their salary, just cut taxes the next year with will reduce the amount of money they have to spend.

I also like the idea of cutting their retirement benefits, forcing them to pay into Social Security (Many goverment employees are not required to contribute) and limit their vacation time. I would also like to see term limits so that they can only serve two terms, and we would get rid of the professional politicians and inject som fresh blood into the mix. That would eliminate all the Washington insiders.

I would also like to see the elimination of all political donations to a candidate or political party by both businesses or private individuals. All elections would be paid for from donations made directly to the governement and distributed equally amounst the candidates For Presidential elections, the person must claim his candidacy by a specific date, elections would determine who the top 2 or 3 candidates would be for each party and at that point they would receive the same amount of money after several months there would be another election and the candidate getting the least amount of votes from his party would be dropped as a candidate. That would continue until there was only one candidate per part.

This would allow individuals to run without party support as an independent and not have to have a huge political machine behind him. A person could run as a Democrat or Republican, but it would put the selection of the candidate back in the hands of the people not the political powers.

...Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Tom T said:
LOL. I'd be the first to admit, McCain sucks. How he ever got the Republican nomination is beyond me. I don't know one single republican that likes the guy.

Two reasons:

1. The MSM likes (or liked) him because he's a moderate Republican and would often go against the conservatives that they hate so much. Of course one he wrapped up the nomination, they turned on him as I knew they would.

2. Many of the early states had "open primaries", meaning that people could vote for any candidate regardless of which party they are registered with. I live in PA where in primaries you can only vote for the candidates in your own party, which is how I think it should be everywhere.

Latest posts