Political Facts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chad Merry

Reaction score
here it is the total facts, regardless of your partly affiliation,,,,

Part 1

Remember the election in 2006?:

1) Consumer confidence stood at a 2 1/2 year high;

2) Regular gasoline sold for $2.19 a gallon;

3) The unemployment rate was 4.5%.

Since voting in the present Congress in 2006 we have seen:

1) Consumer confidence plummet;

2) The cost of regular gasoline soar to over $4.00 a gallon;

3) Unemployment is up to 5% (a 10% increase);

4) American households have seen $2.3 trillion in equity value evaporate (stock and mutual fund losses);

5) Americans have seen their home equity drop by $1.2 trillion dollars;

6) 1% of American homes are in foreclosure.

America voted for change in 2006, and we got it! Remember it's Congress that makes law not the President. He has to work with what's handed to him.

===============

Part 2:

Taxes...Whether Democrat or a Republican you will find these statistics enlightening and amazing.

Source: www.taxfoundation.org/publications/show/151.HTML

< STRONG>Taxes under CLINTON - 1999 .....

Single earning: $30K = taxed $ 8,400

$50K = taxed $14,000

& nbsp;

$75K = taxed $23,250

Married earning: $60K = taxed $16,800

; $75K = taxed $21,000

$125K = taxed $38,750

Taxes under BUSH - 2008.......

Single earning: $30K = taxed $4,500.

$50K = taxed $12,500

&nbs p;

$75K = taxed $18,750

Married earning: $60K= taxed $ 9,000

&nb sp; $75K = taxed $18,750

&nbs p; &am p;nb sp; $125K = taxed $31,250

Compare them above.....Where do you fall?

=========================

OBAMA will return to the higher tax rates.......It is amazing how many people that fall into the categories above think Bush is screwing them and Bill Clinton was the greatest President ever.

If Obama is elected, he will repeal the Bush tax cuts and a good portion of the people that fall into the categories above can't wait for it to happen!

This is like the movie "The Sting" with Paul Newman; you scam somebody out of some money and they don't even know what happened.

================================

PART 3:< /SPAN>

You think the war in Iraq is costing us too much? Read on.... I have been hammered with the propaganda that it is the Iraq war and

the war on terror that is bankrupting us. Want to know where the real big bucks are going?

(I hope the following facts are forwarded over and over again until they are read so many times that the reader gets sick of reading them. I have included the URL's for verification of all the following facts.)

1. $11 Billion to $22 billion is spent on welfare to illegal aliens each year by state governments.

Verify at: http://tinyurl.com/zob77

2. $2.2 Billion dollars a year is spent on food assistance programs such as food stamps, WIC, and free school lunches for illegal aliens.<sc

Chad, the problem with americans is that they would rather hate what they love to hate. Instead looking up statistics that the media wont talk about..:lol:

I say this as someone that is not happy with either political party at this time. I never have voted party line. I try to vote for the integrity of the man or woman running for any office..

I try to vote for the integrity of the man or woman running for any office..

In other words you don't vote. :rolleyes: Because I haven't seen a politician with integrity in a long time.

It's hotter in the summer of '08 then it was in the summer of '05....Congress is to blame.

Disney World tickets are more expensive, Congress is at fault.

There is no sun in the sky, no ice in ice caps, gotta blame Congress, it's the only logical explanation.

There is no such thing as a "Political Fact". Anything political is subject to lies, and interpretation and a different spin depending upon which party or polotician you ask.

...Rich

Actually everything listed in my original post can be researched and proven a "Fact". My post has nothing to do with either political party.

Chad, I did nto say your post was biased, it's just that what ever someone claims is a proven fact (politically), someone will say their facts are wrong or they misunderstood something, Taken out of context, or the whole story was not revealed, etc

The Only true facts in politics is that politicians will say or do almost anything to get elected. Both McCain and Obama are flip-flopping on their previously stated stance on oil drilling and are just pandering for votes. What ever they think they can say to get more votes...Once elected they will do what they want, or they will do nothing except argue and point fingers at the other party.

...Rich

Chad,

You may claim that you are posting "just the facts" and the post has nothing to do with either political party, but anyone can see that the list of "selected" facts clearly presents a positive bias towards the Republican party.

Typically when someone presents an unbiased view of the facts one would expect it to be a little more fair and balanced.

The list you present seems "stacked."

P.S. I am a Republican, but I do encourage all people to "keep it real!"

TJR

Wow it is really scary that people think a person(Obama) with less than 200 days serving the government will change anything. And can someone please tell me a single plan of his? Other than raising taxes?

Ok Heres a political fact!

McCain on stage at Sturgis, a biker gathering, said he prefers the roar of the 50,000 Harleys to 200,000 Germans cheering in Berlin. (trying to allude to his being a P.O.W. somehow makes him a better leader) But in doing that, did he not underscore the fact that those 200,000 Germans in Berlin actually showed up to hear Barack Obama speak! The 50,000 bikers on the roar of their Harleys, had shown up at Sturgis not to see John McCain, but to see Kid Rock, Kelly Pickler and a bunch of female wrestlers and other women not wearing tops? OH MY Do you see the difference now? More facts anyone??

Barack Obama creates large crowds when he gives speeches. John McCain‘s campaign has just figured out to find out where there‘s going to be a large crowd for another reason and to hope to slip their candidate in between other acts. An OVERWHELMING majority of people around the WORLD want to see Obama win. Not just in America. WAKE up!

I guess you can’t really blame McCain. When your opponent draws tens of thousands of people who genuinely want to hear him speak, and you have trouble filling the dining room of a Sausage restaurant, you have to find ways to compensate. It’s just ironic that all you posters in this Sport Trac site attack Obama's appeal any way you can.

Smear away you ametuers! Obama Wins!

As it stands now, my money is on Obama to win. But if people were required to take an IQ test to vote then McCain would win hands down. It's just how stupid America has become (and Frank leads the pack). People don't look at issues any more, it's just a popularity contest. Sad but true.

I guess we're lucky Paris Hilton is not really running for president. With Brittany Spears as her running mate, she would win hands down. :wacko:

McCain on stage at Sturgis, a biker gathering, said he prefers the roar of the 50,000 Harleys to 200,000 Germans cheering in Berlin. (trying to allude to his being a P.O.W. somehow makes him a better leader)

How about the fact that 200,000 Germans don't mean squat to his chances of winning. Whereas 50,000 Harleys actually can vote in an election to put him into office?

So Frank you are voting because he is popular? Oh my do us all a favor and dont vote. Or at least explain to me what he is going to "change" I only ask for 1 thing, and then what is his plan? McCain may not be the best choice either but he has served this country. What has Obama done? I believe you are the person who needs to wake up, or are you just an Obama supporter because Ophra Winfrey says so?:wacko:

Can't we all just agree that both candidates suck this year?

If this were truly a year in which we could vote for change, the change would be that we would have a worthy candidate running. Someone who is tough, has a vision, and that vision is rooted in making America better, and stronger on all fronts.

I haven't seen that guy (or gal) run for decades...not since I was a teen (I'm 42).

TJR

Latest posts