Political Facts

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
McCain on stage at Sturgis, a biker gathering, said he prefers the roar of the 50,000 Harleys to 200,000 Germans cheering in Berlin. (trying to allude to his being a P.O.W. somehow makes him a better leader) But in doing that, did he not underscore the fact that those 200,000 Germans in Berlin actually showed up to hear Barack Obama speak! The 50,000 bikers on the roar of their Harleys, had shown up at Sturgis not to see John McCain, but to see Kid Rock, Kelly Pickler and a bunch of female wrestlers and other women not wearing tops? OH MY Do you see the difference now? More facts anyone??

I am sure there is a point there, but I am not sure what the hell it is. And personally, I'd rather be in Sturgis than Berlin.

An OVERWHELMING majority of people around the WORLD want to see Obama win.

I've said it before, but I really could not care any less about who the WORLD wants as our President. They don't have a say, and I don't feel the need to consult them. As far as the election goes, screw what France thinks, what Germany thinks, what Russia thinks, what Great Britain thinks. That European trip is going to bite Obama in the butt (already has). Remember Kerry getting himself in trouble by saying "World leaders want me to be elected" or something to that effect.

Rocks

Last edited by a moderator:
An OVERWHELMING majority of people around the WORLD want to see Obama win.

I would not consider the "World's Opinion" to be very valid in the selection of OUR President.

How about the fact that 200,000 Germans don't mean squat to his chances of winning. Whereas 50,000 Harleys actually can vote in an election to put him into office?

Excellent point, campaining in Germany when he should be focusing on the country he wishes to be elected in.

Is he that confused ??????????????

Why is it everyone against OBAMA keeps asking what is this 'change' he speaks of. Well instead of sitting back and listening to all the Right Wing jibjab read a bit, he has disussed alot. He has laid out plans just as McCain has done in regards to Healthcare, the War, the economy, tax breaks for middle class, closing loopholes for big oil and wealthier Americans, and basically the general direction the country should go in. Alot of it is getting away from these failed policies we have now. People why is it we should want 4 more years of REPUBLICAN control? What is it that makes you think we need 4 more years of a CREDIT CARD BILLS our kids have to pay? The DEMS pay the bill upfront the REpubs like to pay later. Does the deficiet mean anything? It just gets larger under the Republicans and you seem to be ok with that. WHY? I like some of OBAMAS ideas and I like some of Mccains ideas. Lets stop talking trash and using scare tactics and get real.

I had an argument here a work with a guy telling me I am only voting for OBAMA cause he's black. And he also tried to throw the whole "Change, what does that mean" thing at me. I turned and asked him to name ONE just ONE policy of McCains he likes and why. He could not answer anything. So ask yourself do you REALLY know where these guy stand on anything or are you too being hypocrites...

Joseymack

LOL. I'd be the first to admit, McCain sucks. How he ever got the Republican nomination is beyond me. I don't know one single republican that likes the guy. I just find it amusing that Democrats view Obama as the new Messiah. I'm sorry, the guy just doesn't impress me that much.

joseymack,

You kind of answered your own question. The reason many of us want Senator Obama to discuss exactly what he wants to change, is because when he does, he gets in trouble. When he starts explaining it, it becomes clear that he wants to suck more and more tax money out of everyone's pocket to pay for all of the "change" that he wants to make. When people start to understand exactly what this change is, they tend to like it less.

As for McCain's polcies I support

Drilling here (took him a bit to get there, but he got there)

Keep the Bush Tax Cuts

Corporate tax cuts for Job Creation (Yes, I like companies getting tax breaks. That should drive Frank nuts)

His approach to Iraq and the War on Terror as a whole

Pro-Life

Rocks

(Edited to actually make one sentence make sense)

Last edited by a moderator:
Frank,

What McCain said in Sturgis is a fact, But your spin as to what it meant, is where the Political spin takes ove.. That is just your political opinion, and that probably differs from what McCain would say that he meant.

That's whay I sai there are no Political Facts....There are just facts, and people interpret thos facts differently based on their political viewpoint. In fact, Obama, might even have a different opinion of what McCain said, or meant. That's the nature of politics and why there are no real Political Facts. It's all in the eye or ear of the beholder.

...Rich

Now now, Richard L, you should know better by now... Don't try to confuse Frank with insignificant things like facts!:lol:

mTURrOCKS....

That is more like it. You letting us know where you stand on these policies. So you love to create a high deficit and continue to support failed policies under the republican control. Funny I been hearing of all these tax breaks for job growth since 2000 but nothing seems to be working to good, companies are still headed for China thanks to the Republicans "a dollar no matter what the cost" attitude. I also don't seem to be getting much in the way of less taxes in my life. how bout you? Thanks for the stimulus check - BUSH, I hope the oil companies are happy I could pay up what I owe them...

But you also said for yourself the Obama has spelled out what he believes is correct for this conuntry right or wrong. So for the folks whining he talks of change but isn't specific is hogwash. It is just they do not agree with his views...

Joseymack

Joseymack,

My income tax rate is absolutely lower now than when Bush took office (my property taxes are higher, but he has no impact on that). I'm betting if you look back at your tax records, yours is too. It will go up with Obama (or any other democrat) in office. As for the deficit, government revenue will increase with lower taxes (to a point, but we are currently on that side of the laffer curve)

I have no problem with companies trying to make money -- that is what they are there for. I support removing obstacles to businesses making money, because if business don't make money, they stop doing business, and people stop working. Yes, some work is going to other countries, and I find that unfortunate. I also feel that gives us all the more reason to make it cheaper and easier for businesses to operate in the US.

I will agree with you that the call for explanation of change is a bit of a political ploy -- as almost everything that comes out of either camp is at this time. I will also say that politicians try to keep as many details of their plans as quiet as possible, so people don't fully understand what they REALLY plan to do. That way they can hammer on the one word points that they want too even those may not fully explain much -- change, drill, Iraq, economy, values, etc. -- and hope that those things will stick in people's heads.

And while I don't agree with your view on these points, I am at least glad to see that you have given it some thought. As I am sure many on here have guessed, I like to debate politices. Not argue, debate. Some of my best friends have very different opinions than me, and we can "debate loudly", but in the end we still respect each other because we make intelligent arguements, not just yell and call each other names (some on this site take that approach, and I will admit I like to poke a stick at them at times).

NEW TAXES BEING PROPOSED BY OBAMA

New government taxes proposed on homes that are more than 2400 square feet.

New gasoline taxes (as if gas weren't high enough already)

New taxes on natural resources consumption (heating gas, water, electricity)

New taxes on retirement accounts

New taxes to pay for socialized medicine so we can receive the same level of medical care as other third-world countries!!!

Restore the inheritance tax

28% on profit from ALL home sales

The key word being TAX...

If you raise them high enough, you can't help but create a surplus.

However, with a Democratic Congress, you may not be able to raise taxes high enough or fast enough to keep up with their fiscal insolvency !!!

I have always said, that to cut Congress' spending, we should give the the entire National budget, and they are required to balance the budge and still pay for all the existing requirements like military, Social Security, etc and they cannot raise any taxes. They are free to spend money any any Portkbarrel projects they like and do nto need anyone's approval except the majority of the Congress.

At the end of the year any money left over is what they get paid for their salary divided equally among each member of Congress.

I would be willing to bet that by the end of the year we would have a balanced budget, and so many spending cuts, we could cut taxes the next year and the members of Congress would continue to get rich !!! :lol::lol::lol:

...Rich

That sounds like a brilliant plan Rich! My only change would be to put a cap on the pay, it could be high, just not astronomical.

Also: Only give them 2 weeks vacation and make them all rely on Social Security and medicare when they retire. :rolleyes:

Latest posts