Please help with programming my X-Cal 1!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dan Vinke

Reaction score
My dad just gave me his old X-Cal one cause he uprgaded to the LiveWire. So I was like what the heck, why not tune my ST. So I bought a tune from Bama Chips and it was emailed to me today.

First problem is that Doug at Bama Chips told me to use LiveLoad, but I don't think LiveLoad works with X-Cal 1 and according to SCT they say to use Extreme Tune. But Extreme Tune will only accept .xtr file and the tune that Doug sent me is .ll3.

Second problem is that the X-Cal is not being recognized when I plug it into the serial port.

Any help would be awesome.

Dan,

I believe you are correct on both areas. When I had the XCAL1 I had to use xtremetune and .xtr files with it. Did you download the newest version of xtremetune from the SCt website? Make sure to plug in the xcal to the computer and ac power before starting the xtremetune software. Doug may have though you had an xcal2 but if you go to the SCT website and to the help forums someone should be able to convert the files for you. Post tonight and they should be done tomorrow.

George

Yes,

you need Extreme tune NOT live load, and the tune is wrong, you need an XCAL 1 tune, not the .ll3.....

The xcal will not be recognized like you plugged it into a USB, the extreme tune will open the serial port once you hook it up and open the software...

ALSO did HE flash that Xcal back to stock first ???

Todd Z