overhead console

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Frank Vannostrand

Reaction score
so i went to the old pick and pull junkyard today with the fiance' and we started tearing into a explorer, and we got the lighted sunvisors along with the overhead console. It accually matched the color of my interior perfectly, the only thing i couldnt find was the temp/ compass sensor on the truck??? any info or anything would help as we will be going back this week. Also if someone could give me the calibration instructions for the compass?.

btw the visors and the overhead console, along with a lighted rearview mirror that i will also be installing cost me a wopping 26.00. i will def show pics afte this project is done.

i cant thank everyone on this board enough for all the info i have always got about my truck.

thanks mysporttrac.com:cool:

Frank

Cool....

Sensor is under the hood on the rad support..... IF you have a tool tray, look under that..

Todd Z

i was wondering what it looks like on a regular explorer, how big? color? anyting for me to look for when i go back to the junkyard and look at the truck i got it off of.

I tried. I can not find the pics.....

Hopefully some one has them to post...

It is about 2 inches long, conical shape, brown and laying on its side...

Todd Z

The sensor is in front of the radiator, down low, driver side. As Todd said, you may have to pull the panel up top, between radiator and grill.