OT: work boots

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
Need input on work boots.....

I have had, Timberland, Magnum, Honcho, Pay less brand, CAT, And some other knockoffs...

I need a comfortable boot with either Steel toe or the fiberglass toe I have now in my magnums. ( I like the fiberglass the best)

I don't want a deep tread that will pick up huge clumps either....

I am Just killing boots lately and want to get a nice comfortable pair.

Todd Z

Wolverines always seem comfortable to me. The treads in the ones I've had weren't very deep.

I have some steel toe converse boots. They are awesome. I wouldn't know which store to buy them in , possibly a military surplus as I had mine issued to me. If you find them, you won't regret it.:)

work boots ????????????????????????????????????????

you call that work, surfing the net all day :lol:

btw, go to the " work boot " website

Justin. I stoped at a truck stop a few months ago that has a large selection of cowboy boots (Justin and ACME mainly). I found some Justin work boots that are great. I never knew Justin made work boots. They have a shallow tread that is rounded so it's not hard to get the dirt out. Check them out if you can find some near you.

Magnum Hi-Teks have done me well. I had one set that made at least 11 deployments that I can think of. There was very little tread left when I retired them, but they were excellent boots.

I had one water proof pair and one that was not. Both had their pros and cons.

I mostly wear Harley Boots w/ steel toes. Really comfortable, and nice quality (Actually made by a company in PA called Double H Brand). The last few pairs I've had though, I've torn up pretty good (ripping lining, pulling leather etc.). I'm going to try out a new pair of wolverine to see if they are as comfortable.

Wolverine Durashocks.

I just bought a new pair. Found them in Marshalls for $60.

My old pair is about 8 years old and still has life left. Originally paid $200 for them.

They are the most comfortable I've ever worn. Tread is shallow as well.

I agree with Rob T and Off Trac... I have been wearing Red Wings for over 6 years now and they are absolutely the best boot I've found, the most durable, and are the most comfortable I have ever worn. The pair I have for work now has been with me for almost three years, while others where I work have had to replace their "non-Red Wing" boots after about 8 or 9 months. They are a little expensive, but well worth it in my opion.

Jester

I hav had wolverine durashock for about 10 years. I have tried others and nothing will hold a lite to them! I am a Boilermaker and work from mud, snow, very hot, to on my feet all day walking. Just change out the inter soles and they are the best. I have melted, burnt, set on fire, climed many towers and split many boots and these are the best buy far!

Doc Martin makes some really nice and comfortable steel toe. I have had pairs of docs over five years and they still feel and look great.

NYC Sanitation worker here. I wear Georgia boots. no steel toe but very comfortable, not exactly waterproof with a flex sole.

Thanks for your input,

I picked up a pair of the Fiberglass tip Red wings tonight...

Thank you

Todd Z

Latest posts