NO LAUGHING AT ME!!!! But what's a ........

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ron Duckworth

Reaction score
Please no laughing or calling me names. I can't help I am 34 with 3 kids and have just gotten the coolest vehicle in the world....I am learning all I can........BUT.....

What's a TSB??

What's are they for and what benefit are they to me?

Thanks!

OK, you can giggle a little, just as long as it's behind my back :)

Ron

TSB= Technical Service Bulletin

Basically, they are problems with the vehicle that Ford knows about, but aren't serious enough, or widespread enough to warrant a full blown recall. They are usually 'optional', as in not getting the work preformed normally won't effect the vehicle. Take the vehicle to Ford and they will preform TSB work, free of charge as far as I know.

It is not like you said I just bought my ST but " where do I put the gas in the truck?''

:lol::lol:

Todd Z

Thanks for the info!!

I called my local Ford dealer about the TSB with the rough idle and shaking the ST does when turning the steering wheel. I cleaned the IAC the other night and so far things are good - BUT - if it does it again I'll take it to the dealer, the service guy I spoke to said that the problem would be fixed at no charge. I told him that it was on the TSB list Twice and he checked his list and he told me to bring it on in.

Do yall think they will put the larger power steering pump on it?

Ron

Hey Ron,

People laughed at me when I came on here a year ago. Someone posted information and a picture of their start engine button. Instead of using a key to start the ST, they installed a red button to start. I asked what the purpose was. People laughed and never really explained it. I just said I didn't have problems turning the key. I guess another ball in my court...I'm a blonde!!:D