new tires

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

A Morrow

Reaction score
Well woke up today to take my truck in for an oil change and my tire light was on, so I checked them all quick and noticed they were all around 10 or so psi low, so I pumped them up quick and took it into the garage. Long story short I asked the garage to take a look at them quick and they found I had screws in each tire on the sidewall and told me it appears someone put them there. I trying to put off getting new tires due to money but I ended up getting them today. I ended up buying goodyear wrangler silent armor tires. They seem to be pretty good and have decent ratings on the web so I hope they hold up for me. Will get pics up as soon as it stops raining on the east coast.

That sucks....

IF your deductible was low you could have had them replaced if you have full coverage on your truck....

If they were close you could have Patch/plug ( Special plug for close to sidewall damage)...

That sucks....

Need to find out who you ticked off...Or it was just some punk losers with nothing better to do... :angry::angry:

Todd Z

in my job I piss a lot of people off probably have a list in the hundreds, so almost impossible to figure it out. I went with a little taller tire i had 245/65/17 and i put on 235/70/17. stock was 29.5 and i now have on 30.0 inch. I was within probably about 2,000 miles of getting new tires anyway so I wasn't to bummed about it.

Sounds like someone discovered your cover. I hope it doesnt happen again. Two things I hate are vandals and thiefs. Some of our members got those tires. The only complaint on this board, has been short tread wear.