New tires. What size without rubbing?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brenda Impz

Reaction score
Hey everyone. I want to get new wheels and tires for my 2007 ST. I'm looking to get KMC xd thump wheels and I'm between two tire sizes. I'm not sure what will fit without rubbing. The guy is going to make a few phone calls but I found this website and thought you guys would know. I have 235/65/18 on there now. They're the stock wheels and tires. I'm sticking with an 18" wheel and was looking to get Nitto Terra Grapplers. Either 275/65/18 or 285/60/18. What do you think would fit? Thank you in advance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah sorry, I'm new here lol. I did read the FAQs I just wasn't sure if an aftermarket rim would make a difference. But there's my answer. Thank you for the quick response! :)

I have been running 265/65/18 BFG All-Terrain T/As on the stock rims since new. No major rubbing unless I am towing or hauling more than 500 lbs in the bed and then I get some light rubbing on big dips, etc. with the rear tires. Not bad at all. My truck is approaching 78k miles and I am on the second set of BFGs. I had to use an SCT tuner to correct the speedo since these tires are about 1.7" taller than the original Michelins. My next mod will be a set of Rancho Quicklift loaded shocks and struts. Hopefully those will eliminate any rubbing issues for good.

[Broken External Image]:

Thank you blksn8k. I appreciate the info. It also answered another question I had in regards to the speedometer. Thank you again! Your truck sits nice on those tires. Has a nice stance. :) Also good luck with the modifications. Can't wait to see end result!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey blksn8k, the st is sharp. But I love what your hidding behind it! One of my all time favorite s, the 66 to 77 bronco. A true ford man. Nice!

Hey guys. Just wanted update you on the tires. I'm went with 285/60/18 Nitto Terra Grapplers with an 18" kmc rim. Slight modification: made a tiny whole in the front inside wheel wells and pulled the plastic weatherstripping forward with zip ties just a little so no rubbing at all. Just got them done today though. But so far so good.[Broken External Image]:

Latest posts