New ST Owner, long time around though

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

CobraXP

Reaction score
Thought I would say hello. I bought a new '07 Limited about 2 months ago. I've been a member since the board started, but have never really been too active since I didn't have a ST. Rusty Huggins is a great friend of mine and is/was associated with this site a few years ago - don't know if he still is or not. I also have a '97 Explorer with a few mods and have been to a couple of the ST meets that were in Atlanta. I know a few others like Dingo from some of the other sites also.

Anyway.... I'm looking forward to playing with the ST and seeing what it will do. It came with just about everything, but there are still plenty of things I can think of to do... :)

Thanks for the welcomes! :D

I haven't taken too many pics of it - basically just the ones of when I brought it home.

ef6fb1339fa725ae3fc88825ef152ed1.jpg

Other pics of it can be found here:

http://www.cobraxp.com/PagePics/2007SportTrac/

I haven't done much as of yet - tint, brake controller for my trailer, and removed the OEM folding cover and replaced it with an Undercover Cover. Once the 6mths of Sirius runs out, I'll probably put in an Alpine IVA-W205 and a few other stereo mods, but nothing extravigant. I'm looking for some new wheels and tires now, but have not really seen anything that just blows me away that I think will look great. Other mods will be to remove the roof rack and tie downs on the bed and smooth both. I think it will give it a cleaner look. I might remove the fender flares also, but I'm going to wait until I find wheels and tires and look at it then.

Last edited by a moderator:
Welcome - I have been around since jan 2004 and from what I see Rusty kind of went away. Not sure what happened at the dealership he was at but when he was not there anymore we have not heard from him. He gave us GREAT service and I miss that.

Again, welcome.

Welcome. Nobody knows exactly what happened to Rusty. I ordered parts from him years ago when my 02 was new. Always gave me great prices and even with shipping cost were cheaper then buying from local dealers.

Rusty and the dealership had a fallout. I know about what happened, but I would prefer to let Rusty discuss it if he ever decides to (it is his business to share, not really mine). I know I miss him being at a dealership, but knowing the background, I can say he and his family are better now than they were. Next time I talk to him, I'll tell him he needs to stop by in here. I've actually tried to talk him and his wife into moving out west.... :lol:

Cobra - I understand you keeping Rusty's business his own. Just tell him we appreciated the service he gave us and he is welcome to stop by and say hi anytime.

Cobra, I don't suppose I could talk into selling/shipping that OEM cover to me here in FL could I?

WELCOME to the site and Congrats with the truck !!!!

I can think of some things to do to it...:rolleyes::rolleyes:

<a href="www.zabteck.com/07tb.htm">

Modified Throttle Body

</a>

<a href="www.zabteck.com/bolts/htm">

Stainless Steel Tie DOwn Bolts

</a>

<a href="www.zabteck.com/recon.htm">

Recon LED third Brake Light

</a>

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Steven,

Shoot me an email: contact at cobraxp dot com. I was going to post the cover in the for sale section, so let's talk... :)

Todd,

I have already been looking your site over. I will probably be getting in touch with you for a 4.6 throttle body and Recon smoked light. I'm planning on removing the tie downs and smoothing the bedsides, so Idon't think the bolts will be handy, but I like the other products. :)

David,

No problem...

I also can do some things for the other vehicles you have on your website....

Thank you

Todd Z

My wife thinks the Explorer is about done... I don't know if she will let me do too much more on it... :lol: Even though might have to talk to you about a throttle body for it.

I've been told I cannot modify her Escape without prior written approval from her, so that one might be out also. :rolleyes:

That leaves the Sport Trac. And I am starting to come up with a few things for it. :cool:

I'm just waiting to put a few more miles on it before I start. It only has 3,000 on it now, so I'll get it broken in a little bit more before I start pulling intake manifolds for something else to sit there... :)

Welcome to the site and congrats on your new ST. Sounds like you're a true Ford fan if you own 3 of them. I see you already added a brake controller to your Trac, what kind of trailer do you pull? Must be a nice size trailer if it needs a brake controller.

Thanks for the welcome! Yeah, I guess you can call me a Ford Fan. Fords are all that I have ever owned or that have ever sat in my garage.

The only trailer I have at the moment is my 10' utility trailer. It has a 3500lb axle under it with electric brakes. I've had others, plus boats, jet skis, etc. I grew up a truck driver's son, so I learned how to pull trailers at a young age. :)

I'm probably going to have another boat in the next year, but do not know if I'll be getting another travel trailer or anything like that for a while. I want a fifth wheel trailer next, but I do not have the spare time to use it enough to justify the cost of the trailer, insurance, etc; plus the cost of the F250 to pull it with. Hopefully one of these days....

To me, there are too many people in the world running around that think because they bought a vehicle that has a hitch they can pull anything they want. Those people have no clue what they could be getting themselves into. I put brakes on all my trailers - regardless of the size or weight they will be at when loaded. It's just a safety thing for me - that and I am known for 'overbuilding' things... :)