New bodystyle Chevy Camaro

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bud Williams

Reaction score
I thought I saw a new bodystyle Camaro last night?

Was I dreaming or are they in fact out already?

This was in Canton, GA

Looked pretty nice, Black and they were driving pretty fast.

Yeah, I think the only change from the Transformers version is the intake on the front hood/grille. They are getting rid of that which does change the appearance.

Took them long enough to come out with it. I saw this concept like 4 years ago.

Hopefully it won't be as big a POS as the last model. And WTF is with 2010? First it was an 08, then 09, now 2010?!

Very possible. While full-on production isn't until March, limited production has already happened. Could be some big dealer or tuner or got their hands on one a bit early.

Ford will probably put the Ecoteck 3.5L dual turbo charged v6 in the 2010 production Mustang. It gets around 24-26mpg and packs 355bhp. Turbo cars are insanely fun. My dream vehicle is a 69 396 RS/SS Camaro but I'd buy a 3.5L Mustang over the V6 2010 Camaro anyday lol.

By 2011 70% of all Fords cars will have turbo's.......

The fact GM kept delaying production is turning a 70K concept car into a 30K consumer car. I have a feeling it will bomb similar to the PT Cruiser did. Huge demand for a couple of years, then discontinued.

Big Al said:
I have a feeling it will bomb similar to the PT Cruiser did. Huge demand for a couple of years, then discontinued.

Bomb? Actually, that sounds like a good business plan. If GM and Ford could tighten up the concept, planning and design phases and bring new, unique models to market cheaper and faster, than they could have a few years run of a new model then retire it.

The problem with "new and unique" is that a bunch of people jump onto the band wagon and buy because they want that "look". Then, once you start seeing more and more of the new and unique vehicle on the road, then the buying community is on to something else.

Limited runs of 3 or 4 years is about right for the new and unique, IMHO. But Detroit has to figure out how to deliver the new and unique faster and with less cost.

TJR

I have a feeling it will bomb similar to the PT Cruiser did. Huge demand for a couple of years, then discontinued.

About 1million sold since being introduced in 2000. I'm sure GM & Ford would accept this level of failure.

I agree with you TJR. My point with the PT was they created a great concept, produced it, created all this market buzz, but could not do it with any other model, unless you look at the 300. Dealers could not sell them in the end. Demand fizzled, no interest, buyers went else where. Look at the Mustang brand, you have the standard, GT, Saleen, Shelby, Rousch, etc. Some which are limited numbered, but this creates its own market buzz and demand. For the Camero, I remember the basic model and the z28. That's it. If GM markets the car, creates off brand excitement, I do think it has a chance at making huge dollars.

[Broken External Image]:

Just sold the orange Z28 to a guy in CA. Gonna miss that one, but I want to finish up the vert before spring.

New one doesn't strike me as "retro".....too little, too late. GM needs to go back to the days of Harley Earl, Vince Piggins, and Pete Estes.

ss

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts