need new transfer case

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nicholas DeMarco 2

Reaction score
hey guys I got a 2005 xlt sport trac with 178k miles. need a transfer case and having a hard time finding one for a 2005. does anyone know what models and years will fit my year?

thanks

Last edited by a moderator:
Have you considered finding a shop that can rebuild yours? Other than that, get underneath and see if you can find the p/n. There could be an i.d. plate riveted to the case. I'm fairly sure Ford engineers would have used same transfer case in use with that motor in Ranger and Explorer.

I can send you to a great cheep guy, the BEST around I found.... But be aware its close to a grand !!!!!

I rebuilt mine by my self for under $100 !!!!!!!

Todd Z

[email protected]

Website should be the same......

Heck I may rebuild yours if you can go without the truck for a few.... :)

Todd Z

Todd, I REALLY wish you'd made a project for the rebuild! I think mine may be going out too and I'd like to rebuild it. I remember you had a thread on it, maybe you could post the link or make a project?

http://www.mysporttrac.com/shared/msgboard9e.asp?BOARDNAME=MSG&VIEW=1336755&REPLYCOUNT=2

I did go to a shop and his starting price was $1800 and i walked out. I think I destroyed it I didnt know about changing the chain. I started having problems when driving on the beach it would randomly lock up. And after this snow season on long island it locks up on snow ice sand. id get a used one and rebuild that.

I appriciate that todd maybe I will have you do it if I find one. I did find a place in Maryland fully rebuilt 3yr unlimited miles for a grand plus shipping and core.

Latest posts