Need a new mattress

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How much are you looking to spend? My wife and I are thinking about doing the same because our current mattress is killing our backs. We're looking at Select Comfort Sleep Number air beds. Not cheap, but everyone I know that has one sings their praises.

That memory foam crap makes my back hurt and it's like sleeping on a hot plate. Give me a Serta with a nice padded matress pad and flannel sheets (linen in the summer) any day.

We got our Select Comfort from QVC, believe it or not, a few years ago.

I like it, my wife doesn't.

We got our boys matresses from Costco two years ago, they have great prices.

Not sure of the brand, but they were name brand.

I also heard that Original Mattress Company has good products, if they have a location close to you.

I would stay away from the big department stores, they are way over priced, the markup on mattresses is huge.

I recently bought a new mattress myself.

I bought an "affordable" one that I could not stand. Ordered the next level up and it was better, but still not what I needed for me, my back, and my sleep.

Finally went with a Sealy that was HARD SUPPORT but has the 2 1/2 inch pillow top. So it comes with support but has comfort as well.

I paid just over 2 grand for the mattress alone though.

Wife says DO NOT GET A PILLOW TOP.Over time they tend to bunch up in the middle.

our Stearns and foster was well over 2k, is shot after 10 yrs:(.

Seventies tech, indeed. Using a 100% full waveless waterbed purchased in 1989.

No issues whatsoever, use waterbed treatment once a year.

With frame, heater, mattress pad, using high thread count cotton sheets. Total spent, $400.

Tested the Tempur-Pedic, Sleep Number, Select Comfort, etc. Would not change, if given one, for free.

Lie on one of these for 15 minutes, without changing positions, you will feel very H-O-T.

As Mark K said, like sleeping on a toaster/oven. Would rather spend the money saved, on my Trac.

I'll sleep much better at night, literally. :supercool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Bill,

Don't they have a warranty for like 20 years?

I'd check into it, maybe they can pro-rate it or something.

unless you bought it at Levitz...

BB, I went to Mancini's on Blossom Hill Rd. (near Oakridge) in January. They were matching competitors prices (at least back then). Got a few Sealy's for the kids for a pretty good price.

Good luck, BB!

Why is Caymen / Tom allowed to spew his hatred on this forum without consequence???

Is his kind of ASSHOLEIZM acceptable to the Admins???

If so, WHY??????????????

BAM the ASSHOLE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ask Tom BB...HE knows all and tells alll. EVEN IF HE"S AN UTMOST ASSHOLE!!!!!!!!!

My wife and I went to Sleepy's up the street. Tried out their computerized body contour/weight thingy and got one that is way beyong comfortable. You will pay dearly for that mattress but its the best I've ever slept on! Even more comfortable than my old waterbed. Cost? Over $4000, but talked him down to $2850. BC :grin::grin:

Latest posts