National meet ideas...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's not handed off, Gary, but some ideas are being discussed.

OtherAndy, we're discussing that for 2010.

That's cool. If I remember correctly, the current Explorer/Sport Trac/Mountaineer models are being produced at LAP through the 2010 MY. Us having a meet there would be a great "send-off" for them. Maybe even get some Explorer/Mountaineer clubs involved...

Whatever is in the works for 2009, I'm in. Just let me know if there's any way I can help, and the when/where...

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think that an East coast meet and a West coast meet would work. For me California to Kentucky to a bit too far.

From what I was told today, while talking to a salesman at one of the local dealerships Ford is retooling the plant after 2010, to built some crossover from their European line. So, It really will be the last one there. I missed the last one because I didn't know what we were meeting over there, I don't want to miss another one!

This is being discussed because there is No planned National meet By Mysporttrac.com or Ford for 2009...

I am talking to Ford about a 2010 meet already......

Andy is taking the horns because I am planning a small meet in MA this year, working on 2010, and we are trying to get ideas about meets from the members..

To me it would be cool to have a east and west coast meet ( yes 2 meets) on the same day !!!! But tht requires a lot of time and other people to help....

Unfortunatly i was burned sooo many times I am afraid to release the control of a meet to some one else and have them fail or ruin the event...

We are just trying new things to keep meets going and keep things fresh...

Todd Z

From what I was told today, while talking to a salesman at one of the local dealerships Ford is retooling the plant after 2010, to built some crossover from their European line.

Interesting. The last thing that I heard in the news was that LAP would be retooled to produce the Focus after 2010.

I'd go if it were in Rugby. Been there several times. Nice town! Besides, I have relatives nearby, so I'd have free room-n-board. :D

Just make sure you do it in the summer. Today's high temp in Rugby will be -14F, low will be -26F. (That's just the temp--the current windchill is -46F, and will likely get lower than that tonight.)

Last edited by a moderator:
Dingo,

One other stipulation for your meet plans:

Whatever the location is, it has to be near a railroad museum.;) Guess who that suggestion's from?:banana:

lol! I'm heavily leaning towards Atlanta. I have a lot of connections here, there's a road track, there's a 1/4 mile track, there's a railroad museum, there's an aquarium, there's a Coke museum, etc...

Atlanta would be really great.

I also like axxman's idea(s):

Pigeon Forge near the Smokey mountain national park is a good centrally located place, there are lots of things to do there and plenty of nice roads to take a scenic drive.

Myrtle beach is a great place as well, they seem to have quite a few car shows there throughout the year.

I like the idea of combining it with a classic car show.

Yeah, but its easier to set it up when it's local, and Atlanta is pretty close to centrally located. Maybe this time, we'll even get some Florida people.

Hey,

you guys wanna keep the meet thing fresh?? Bring it on up to Canada!

London ON would be a great place for a meet if I do say so myself :lol:

I like the idea of a place where there could be an off road course for both stock and modded ST's, maybe w/ a 1/4 close by. Maybe w/ a campout or cookout.

Also how about rotating where the meet is held. For example, one year do something on East Coast, then, Upper Midwest, then West Coast, then South? That way more people could attend at least 1 national meet.

If you decide on Atlanta because it's easier for you to plan, I'm there, Andy. So far we don't have any other firm plans for next summer. Just let me know if I can help in any way.:cool:

Latest posts