National meet ideas...

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dingo

Reaction score
What would be your idea of a perfect meet? What would be involved? Where would be the best place?

Some examples would be a cookout, a 1/4 mile track, a road racing track, an off-road course, a stereo competition, a burnout competition, a standard car show, etc...

Additionally, would you prefer to have netional companies there to sponsor and lower costs and provide information, or would you prefer it just be us at a slightly increased cost?

Please think about this and respond, but please be serious.

You talking about a national meet without Fords involvement?? Not at lousville??

If so Maybe somewhere more central in the USA. Might get better involvement from east and west coast. Of course those that are central would hav the shortest drive. I feel it would benifit east and west though if the drive was more equal. I havent made one myself but I would like to go to at least one.:)

Could meet at St. Louis at the shuttered old Explorer Plant located down the street from BigFoot 4x4's home!

Best place to meet would be at Kalama's place! :banana:

Dearborn, MI. to tour the Henry Ford museum.

(Always wanted to do this.)

My dad went there and said he could have spent a few days there.

Honestl I feel the best place would be Daytona Beach!

That way you can justify the drive from wherever you are.....not only will the meet be there but it is also a great vacation spot. All kinds of things to do for the rest of the weekend!

Plus there are a ton of performance companies down here. Steeda, Blow By Racing, VMP Tuning. With a little advanced notice I am SURE they would make an appearance with some more products!

THere's also a track and we can drive teh trucks down the beach!

Another votte would be in Myrtle Beach SC!!! For all the same reasons as above!

Nocturnals idea for Daytona would be cool im pretty much up for going anywhere tho.

dingo, i like the idea with getting the other national companies just because it could possibly help get more stuff out for us on the market....

cant wait to get to one :banana:

What Nocturnal said , (otherwise if we want the exact center of the US or alternately, the center of North America , our choices are limited to Rugby, North Dakota, or Labanon Kansas

:huh:

Here's what Wiki and the Old Farmer's Almana says:

The United States Geographical Survey states that the geographic center of North America is ~6 miles west of Balta, Pierce County, North Dakota" at approximately 4810′N 10010′W / 48.167, -100.167, approximately 15 miles (25 km) from Rugby, North Dakota. The USGS further states that No marked or monumented point has been established by any government agency as the geographic center of either the 50 States, the conterminous United States, or the North American continent. Nonetheless, there is a 15-foot (4.5 m) field stone obelisk in Rugby claiming to mark the center.

From Old Farmer's Almanac:

"We figured this one on the lower 48 states, removing Alaska and Hawaii from the equation. So, if the continental United States was a flat plane balanced on a fulcrum, the point at which the plane would be perfectly balanced is latitude 39 degrees 50' N, longitude 98 degrees 35' W. That is near the town of Lebanon, in Smith County, Kansas.

I was thinking of Charleston, Atlanta, Memphis, etc... I've noticed that a good number of members are on the Eastern half of the country. I was thinking somewhere where the members that are too far from Louisville could attend.

What I was thinking was corporate sponsors for different events... Like a burnout competition sponsored by a tire company, a stereo competition sponsored by an audio company, a drag race sponsored by a performance company, etc. I hate to say it, but with my contacts and relationships, Atlanta would, as of right now, be the best place to have the really cool stuff happen. I had thought about talking to Road Atlanta about taking the trucks on the track, and there's a drag strip right down the street. Downtown, we have such things as the World Of Coca Cola museum, the Atlanta zoo, and the Georgia Aquarium, which is the world's largest. The second largest mall in the country is also here.

Right now, it's just in the brainstorming stage, and may never come to fruition, but I wondered who would be interested.

I'm thinking not many people would go to Rugby, ND or Lebanon, KS. I think Dallas, OKC or even Denver are close enough to the center for most folks. ;)

Being the coke collector freak I am, I'd love to see the Coca Cola Museum :D

As far as Texas being a possible location...I was thinking a meet at the Texas Motor Speedway and if they would allow it to let us take our trucks out on the track.

I'd still like to have a local meet sometime next year at one of the local Drive-Ins just south of Dallas.

I like Daytona beach, Myrtle beach, and charleston. I love charleston and i could actually make it to the meet if it was in one of those places. I think having it at the beach would be good for attendance and more fun.

Pigeon Forge near the Smokey mountain national park is a good centrally located place, there are lots of things to do there and plenty of nice roads to take a scenic drive.

Myrtle beach is a great place as well, they seem to have quite a few car shows there throughout the year.

I like the idea of combining it with a classic car show.

Honolulu, HI? Not only will you get to meet me and my trac, Kalama's here to you know:wub:

I see it all happening: We start out at Ala Moana beach park and drive through Waikiki, up past Diamond Head, then past the picturesque Makapu'u Point down to Sandy beach. Our next stop for would be on the world famous North Shore. Then we drive back to town via the "haunted" H3 freeway. Then after a Luau celebration, we dance the night away under the Hawaiian moon...........OK..........I'll stop dreaming.

I'm sure you all will have fun wherever and however things are set up. Sad you'll have to do it without Me or Kalama:p

Somewhere in the middle's a good idea, Andy. My vote would be for Louisville again, if we can get Ford's involvement. If we get them involved, this would probably be the last time we could tour LAP and see Sport Tracs in production.:(

For me, that was one of the highlights of last year's meet. :cool:

If there's any way I can help, let me know. :D

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts