My daddy always said:

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Barber

Reaction score
Use what ya got till it is used up:) Did my brakes today, front pads were a tad used up I would say:grin:[Broken External Image]:

No pad left, should have seen the rotors:throwup:

Last edited by a moderator:
I just changed pads for my friend's son. Looked a little worse than that. I also did all four on our 05 Escape. On the Escape, why did Ford have to use a special bolt to hold on the calipers to the caliper frame. It is a recessed cap head bolt that I think is 9mm. The set of tools I have are 5,6,7,8,10mm, or course, no 9mm.:angry: On the rear, they used 8mm cap head bolts. What's wrong with an old fashioned hex head?

Gary D,

I suspect the answer to why Ford using the 9mm recessed cap-head bolt to hold brake pads is in one of the following choices:

a) Because using a recessed cap-head bolt saves time and works more efficiently at the factory

b) Because they want to discourage backyeard mechanics that won't have the right tool and instead drive more business to the "stealer" shops

c) To save money.

d) To pi$$ you off.

e) As a bold move (which is actually "all of the above").

:banana:

TJR

Latest posts