Modded Throttle body Vin E

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremiah Morgan

Reaction score
I bought it and modded it. However I didn't realize that my Vin code is a K...

40$ plus shipping..

pics to come late this weekend..

Sorry was in a hurry... If you have the 4.0 sohc with the plastic throttle body..And the 8th digit in your vin # is "E" Then this is the right throttle body... Mine is an 04 with a Engine code "k"

Yes, I have the plastic throttle body.

Pictures please.The price is $40.00 plus shipping?

Tom

There is no difference in the plastic TB. The only differnce is '01 job 1 tracs had a metal TB...all years plastic are interchangable.

Well,

Yes, He got the 4 door Explorer Plastic throttle body.

Thats why mine are the price they are, The cores cost me well over $70.00 bucks due to the hard to find issue, and then the time to mod them right and back the product with a warranty and great customer service !!!!

Todd Z

So todd you saying I don't know how to mod it Right?? With my background in building cars, Modding a throttle body is a walk in the park!

I asked on here several times if it would work! And NUMERSOUS people told me it was the same, however it wasn't!!!

I guess now if anyone has a 4 DOOR EXPLORER and wants it let me know...

OK I will get some pics posted in the next few days...Work and getting ready for a baby is keeping me pretty busy!!

Sheesh, KC,,,no one said you didnot know how to mod a car or parts. All that was said that it was not for a Trac TB. Be cool...;)

Ed, I know really, IS it still winter around here ????

So todd you saying I don't know how to mod it Right??

No offense, But what I meant with the "mod it right" was, I do it on a milling machine, not a belt sander, grinder or the "hack" job 1/2 shaft mod there is allover the internet...

Thats all.... Since I have no Idea how you modded it....

I believe you sent me a ton of emails asking about my tbodies right ????

Could have asked me if it would have fit, I would have told you no...

TOM,

I think your explorer is the aluminum tbody, not plastic, IF so, this one he is selling Will not fit..

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd the last email I sent you the reply wasn't very nice, But I did post this on here in the ST forums! Title Will this fit!

I re read the emails ( I save them all) I answered your question with a direct statement, also something that was asked a bunch of times on here.

Was not meant that way, But what you asked was clearly written on my website.

I found the post "will this fit"

Sorry, I try to ignore the Ebay linked posts, Just not something I answer...

I tend to get "twisted" a little when some one who knows their stuff asks a question that I think they should know the answer to..

Sorry If I came across the wrong way....

Todd Z

Last edited by a moderator: