MGP Caliper Covers: Gen2 STA Blue Flame Pic Inside!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carey Frennier

Reaction score
OEM Adrenalin Wheels.

Color:

What color covers would look best? Satin, Black, Red or a custom color like Blue Flame (VIN matched blue color on 2010 STA)

Engraving:

"Ford" logo, "Adrenalin" logo?

Engraving color:

Black, White?

What do you think?

I'm thinking Blue covers with white Adrenalin logo.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colors will be more of a personal choice. I went with satin. because of my trac color and wheels.

I would think the brake dust would be tough on white letters, though.

[Broken External Image]:

i have a 2010 blue flame awd v8, i like your idea with the blue flame and white adrenalin logo. No matter what you decide, post some pictures!

Custom " Supercharged"

Todd Z

i have to disagree - if you are going to do Caliper Covers - make the purchase that makes them look OEM vs. fake - when people stop me on the street or email me wanting to know where I got the Brembo's - It shows me that attention to detail is important. Even with upgraded decor, ceramic med heat pads, and slotted/grooved rotors, the look says it all... just my opinion

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
My wife has Brembo brakes on her STi and no one cares.

I just wanted to dress up that area a little. I find my STA stops just fine for a 4600 pound vehicle.

One of the biggest factors in my decision to go with covers instead of a big break kit or calipers was the environment this truck lives in. While the truck holds up very very well against the corrosive NY roads, the rotors and the calipers experiance corrosion in upstate Ny like you wouldn't believe. My calipers and rotors have 14,000 miles on them and they look like they have more on them! So ... since I won't be getting the most for my money on a big break kit...and it's just going to get pounded in my climate....why bother?

The covers serve two purposes. 1) Bring some color and custom flavor to the dingy NY winter survivor brakes. 2) Cost.

Thats why I went with the caliper covers. All you guys know me by know. I put a TON of time ad energy into researching stuff until I buy. I really think about all the options. The benifit versus cost for a full big brake conversion vesus attractive covers just isn't there.

The point of the caliper cover is far, FAR from making them look "OEM". It cleans up the appearance behind the wheel by covering the ugly caliper. It reduces heat (not that important), and helps keep the brake dust down to a manageable level.

It has absolutely, positively, nothing to do with pretending to have something we do not.....

Covers look fantastic Carey. Good choice!

Wow, sorry I ruffled feathers - my choices must be pretty poor in my SVT creation - I bow out to the masters for covers - I mean if the people that make them go to all ends to make them look OEM then they too must be missing the point too where painted bolt heads are better than actual bolt heads, rubber vent cap, brass bleeder, brake lines, and proper shape :soap:

Dude..it's just meant to cover the the ugly ass factory brakes calipers. No one's feathers are ruffled.

You clearly don't understand why some people go covers and some go calipers.

It comes down to this: why spend significantly more money on high performance calipers for a marginal increase in stopping power when they will look like crap after one winter up here? I'd make a totally different decision if I lived further south, in another state. I's do exactly what you did... provided I had the same amount of money you have lol. Something tells me I don't :)

That's what it's all about. If you don't drive in the same climate that I do in NY and you don't need that stopping power but you want to dress the vehicle up....why bother buying the calipers when you can just get covers? That goes double if it's not in your budget!

When they did the mock up they had no bolt etchinga nd bolt etching. I liked the contrast better with the Adrenalin logo and bolt etching. I didn't do it so that it would look like a real caliper. I simply thought it looked better that way.

I installs these 2 hours ago. They look amazing. People swear by them so hopefully they don't fall off and destroy my rims.

Aaron, where did you get your brake kit, what part numbers are they and how much did it set you back?

These things were $385 shipped. That has to take a big chunk out of a big break kit!

Carey,

Where did you get them? I would like to do a Pair like yours but -Red, either also silver or maybe Black lettering. I have a silver STA.

Was the $385 for four of them? So high because of custom color?

Yeah, custom color added some money but they look awesome. I didn't have to remove the calipers, clean them, surface prep them, paint them, letter them, or reinstall them.... I also didn't have to pay anyone to do all that for me either!!!

It took me 20 minutes to install with a lift and an airgun :) I would rather have a big brake kit like Aaron but that's out of the budget!

Can you get a pic of these on your car? I think I want a set (Red w/ Black lettering).

I like the "Adrenalin", like yours. Did you provide them with the file for that? Looks like $340 on their site for standard Red powder coat and custom engraving in black.

They already the file but the paint and engraving were custom.

I'll get some pics if the sun comes out. Been raining for what feels like a week! Supposed to be nice this weekend though.