Louisville 2008 National Meet Info. (Also looking for ideas for Friday night)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Paul H

Reaction score
This is going to be the first post of many. Just so you all know the dates for the meet are going to be Friday June 13th and Saturday June 14th rain or shine!!

To simplify things we are going to be following the same plans as 2006. The hotel is going to be the same and so is Saturdays events at Huber Farms.

For those that did not attend last year or do not have any idea what we are talking about, stay tuned to these posts because all the information you need should be posted within the next few weeks.

We spoke with Ryan Mitten and Krystin K. within the marketing department at Ford and they have confirmed Ford is on board.

On Friday, the meet will consist of a tour of the Louisville Assembly Plant (where are trucks are made) A meet a greet with the people from Ford, some sort of lunch provided by Ford after the tour. And, some sort of night time/dinner activity.

On Saturday, we will convoy from the hotel to Huber farms in Indiana. There we will have a buffet lunch, show and shine, giveaways, raffles, games, and prizes.

On Sunday, some members hung around to go to dinner at an awesome BBQ place called Mark's Feed Store.

The farm is indoors and the room is large enough to seat 200 people, so no matter what the weather is we will have a good time. The farm also has a winery and wine tasting facility as well as cool things for the kids to do.

The estimated cost per person for the entire event should be between $30.00 and $35.00 for adults and $15.00 for children ages 4-11. Children under 3 are free.

If I remember correctly these were the same prices as 2006.

The hotel has reserved rooms for us and we are mailing the required deposit to Huber Farms within the next month.

Soon we will have the registration page up and running so people can register early.

Again Ford's only request is that we meet a 30 truck and 50 person minimum

We had no problem doing this in the years past, but why don't we try to blow the numbers away from previous years!!

I know myself and Todd Z have already booked our rooms at the hotel.

The hotel is: (please mention the Sport Trac meet in June to get the room rate we received)

The hotel will be $79.99 a night plus 13% tax, making it a total of $92.00 a night.

Jameson Inn Louisville Airport South

6515 Signature Dr.

Louisville KY

502-968-4100

(Exit #128 Fern Valley Rd off I-65)

Like we said this is the first post of many, if you have any questions please feel free to post them here or contact myself (Paul H) or Todd Z via email.

FRIDAY NIGHT

In 2006 Ford took us to a minor league baseball stadium for dinner and a game. Feedback was that this was not that enjoyable.

In 2004, Ford took everyone to the Louisville Museum and had dinner there.

We are looking for suggestions for this years Friday night.

Thank you for taking the time to read this.

Paul H

<a href="http://www.jamesoninn.com/Hotel_Detail.asp?ID=129">hotel</a>

<a href="http://www.joehubers.com">Huber Farms</a>

Mi grandson and I went in 2006 and loved it. We are both are ready to come again. He told me he didn't want to go to the ballgame again. It was our first meet so I don't know anything about how the one was at the museum, but I think he might like that.

The proving grounds would be cool. Of course if there is water, dirt or mud there every body's ST will be dirty for the show on Saturday. If that's the case, there could be a contest to see who's ST got the dirtiest.:lol:

I personally would love to get my ST Dirty..

If not a proving ground then some place where we could do a little 4 wheeling.

Seriously-- for us folks who have never been able to attend a meet before-- what exactly DOES go on at a meet?

I'd like to attend, but I have lots of questions and fears.

My wife is not really into my truck much-- would she be miserable at the meet?

My truck is not customized, nor is it a pristine trailer queen. My bed liner is scratched and torn. I have door dings. I have swirl marks and some other nasties. My raised white letters on my tires are ragged from a few curb hits and they are not bright white. My truck would not win a show or even be very competitive. I don't mind folks looking at it, but they will be disappointed if they want to see anything special.

Are the meets real "cliquish"? Do folks accept each other? I get the impression from Nelson's recent comments that the meet could be kind of cold and not real fun.

Don't know-- just asking. Sorry for the questions.

One bright thought I have is maybe we could set aside some time for some good discussions and see what happens. Seriously-- what if we could get Cayman, TJR, Nelson, me, and several others together and try to figure out who is better: repubs or demos; liberals or conservatives; protestants or catholics; first generation or second; Ridgeline or Tacoma; etc. :lol::lol::lol:

isn't there a sign up sheet on for this? How close are we to fulfilling the 30 vehicles 50 people marker? (no i haven't signed up as of yet but plan on it) I believe it can be done but if need be I can try to cram some additional ford lovers in my trac to make the trip. The words Road Tip alone should inspire them but add a Ford Plant and good food.... I might have to trailer people in ;)

Gavin, in order: Duplicolor black vinyl dye, Ding King, Buffer, and Westley's Bleche White. :)

I haven't been to a big meet for THIS site, but I've hosted several for my site and been to others. I wouldn't worry too much. It's more of a get together than a truck show.

Gavin,

I have never been to a meet either, but I plan on attending this years. My wife will not attend with me either as she could careless about my ST, her only concern is that I stop putting more money into mods for it.

There is no proving grounds I know of there... the days are pretty full with time, there is time to do your own thing, But I don't know about a driving course...

I don't know if there is any local race track to the place...

We are thinking about getting Doug or Torrie to bring up their chassis dyno and do some dyno runs!!!!!

Gavin,

Everyone talked to each other at the meet, if you move the computer screen away everyone is human and the "I am better then you", the childish junk all goes away....

People were working on others trucks, people gave other members free parts, everyone helped ever body out...

The only "clique" that was formed were the younger crowd that hit the Dyno last time and the crowd that is into super detailing their trucks. the people that wanted to clean, spent a lot of time cleaning, others hit the dyno...

But at the tours, baseball game, and the Farm everyone inter mingled and I did not get one complaint about any one person after the meet.

As far as your ST goes, The truck "show" is optional, you do not need to enter it...

Heck my truck was sooo dirty at the meet in 06, there are no pictures of it..LOL....:lol::lol:

The meet is exactly a "People" meet, the show is a secondary part of that meet since we all have the same interest in the ST...

So if your 100% stock or modded, or dirty or crashed up your welcome to come and hang out !!! ....

As far as your wife goes, We had many women come to the meet, They did hang out with each other, they hung out in the hotel and by the pool.... if she is not into the truck at all and doesn't like talking to other women, she may not have a good time, But there is nothing that she can hate, the other women are there to talk to....

Hope this clears up some things for you......

Todd Z

30 trac/50 people mim should not be hard to reach and exceed for the National meet. The dates are announced early enough for everyone to plan now. The Home of the Louieville Slugger factory would be cool. Is that the museum? Museum and dinner sounds nice...

I did notice one of the local attractions from the hotel is a speedway.... (hint hint)

Attractions: Louisville Interantional Airport (5), Downtown (10), Kentucky Fair & Exposition Center (5), The Belle of Louisville (10), The University of Louisville (15), Jefferson Mall (10), Kentucky Derby Museum (15), Six Flags & Kentucky Kingdom Amusement Park (15), Louisville Speedway (5), Churchill Downs (15), Showcase Cinema (15), Jim Beam's American Outpost (15), Outback Steakhouse Next Door (1). Courtesy Airport Shuttle Service

The only Ford proving gound I know of, is in Dearborn, MI. Other makes related to Ford could be elsewhere, such as Volvo, Mazda, and the like...

:cool::cool::cool:

Last edited by a moderator:
Todd,

there is a Track in KY, It is called Kentucky Speedway in Sparta. http://www.kentuckyspeedway.com/

[Broken External Image]:

Louisville, Ky.

ALL AREAS

I-71 North to Kentucky Speedway Exit 55. Follow the exit to Rte. 1039.

They are having Qualifing on Fri. night.

June 13

NASCAR Nationwide Series Fanfest

Garage-area Autograph Session

Series Practice

And as far as Wifes. My wife will not be going she enjoyed most of it last time. But was real tough being 7 months Pregnent. ( Yes only 7 even though she was THAt big ).

And as far as the SHOW. I knew I would not even be close to winning anything.. But I thew my ST into it.. Just because I wanted to.. I had 2 Mods the FORD judges liked.. the No Mod Bike Rack and the Rear veiw Camera Mounted in the Plate.

This year I will have a Surprise for the show... :D (more on this just before the show...)

I will also have all my Sport Trac TOYS.. as I am sure everyone else will.. Maybe we can have a little RC Sport Trac race... or RC Sport Trac show too..

And I promise to try my best to stay away from the M&M game this year..

A run to the track could be cool, but I don't know how many people want to run there truck that hard far from home...:unsure: But could be fun...

As far as wife's go....my wife told me that "if you want to have a good time. leave me home" :lol:....So I am leaving her home!!

I will more then likely enter my truck in the show. It is by far not a trailer queen, but I have alot of mods and will just leave it open for people to look at if they choose. This is a people meet as Todd Z says and all are welcome,... So come on out!!

Yes the Louisville Bat Factory is the museum oops sorry...

isn't there a sign up sheet on for this? How close are we to fulfilling the 30 vehicles 50 people marker? (no i haven't signed up as of yet but plan on it) I believe it can be done but if need be I can try to cram some additional ford lovers in my trac to make the trip. The words Road Tip alone should inspire them but add a Ford Plant and good food.... I might have to trailer people in

There will be a registration page going up in the next few days. More the merrier Woppy, bring them all!!!

Paul H

Gavin, my wife didn't go with me in 06 and will not this time. I took my grandson who was 6 at the time and he loved it. He was ready to go last year and was disappointed there wasn't one. It really interesting to see how they make the ST. We also go to a one off ST made for the SEMA Show and to an ST with some new things you could get on it that fall. Everybody we meet were very nice. I have an 01 ST with over 66,000 miles on it and us far from being a show truck. You will a wide range of ST's and conditions. I bought mine new in July 2000, but only found this site in 04 and 06 was the first meet I got to go to. If you want to meet some nice people that love their ST's as well as those that can tell you just about anything about it, I think you'll like the meet. My grandson and I are planning on going.

Hi all,

I live in Shelbyville, & work in Louisville. I was at the '06 meet, good time. If I remeber right it takes a little over an hour to get to the Kentucky speedway. It's also a fairly busy oval, so you're probably not going to get time there. Think Indycar & NASCAR BUSH & Trucks. There is a 1/8 drag strip about 30 mins. south called Ohio Valley. It's right outside Fort Knox. I might be able to get info about it if people are interested, but I bet that weekend will be pretty full. I do have a friend that does the jeep thing, so I'll call him & ask where he suggests. Anyway, if there is anything I can do to help e-mail me.

Oh yeah, count me in for the meet.

Where's the page?

hmm after dinner then driving that far, doesn't sound like it would work or be safe As Paul H indicated, beings everyone would be far from their homes. However, what's the harm of using the local speedway for 1/4 mile runs.??? lol as long as you guys don't blow your engines or your tires, should be safe AND there would be places for everyone else to sit and watch! :) just another idea...

ps:

All you guys that have the gals that don't want to take part in the meet or is not that excited about goijng....

Tell them they can go on a shopping spree with the other ladies that feel that way! :) J/K!!!

I don't understand why your gals don't love the Trac as much as you guys.

(are you guys ignoring them for the Trac???)

j/k! :lol: I could not resist :)

Seriously though, let them know there will be other ladies there to visit with and things to see and do. Suggest to them it gets them out of the house.

(make it appealing to them and make it a romantic trip for them guys!)

Latest posts