Looking for tonneau cover for 07

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G Pep

Reaction score
Hello All,

Just bought 07, I wasn't interested in paying Ford $1100+ for new cover.

I know it might be to soon, since they just came out...........

Found out kcovers.com will have new covers availble in 30 days. Anyone have a review/opinion on their covers? And/or know where I can get a reasonably priced tonneau

cover?

TIA

Pep

What is up with the $1100 price for a tonneau cover. That is what Honda and Toyota charge for a cover.Go back to your Ford dealer and look at the list price of $595 or the invoice price of $509 for a tonneau cover. You cannot find a better designed tonneau cover than the factory Ford !!

G Pep.... why didn't you just pay the msrp or invoice price for the Ford factory tonneau cover when you bought the 07 ST? They can't lie when it is right there there in the order booklet or on a window sticker. Maybe the sales rep quoted you that price because you didn't notice it or you had no idea of what it would cost with the truck. Did you ever research the fordvehicles.com site and look before you leaped? IT DOESN"T cost that much and I would go back and order one from Rusty at fordpartsfast.com as Pat stated to you. THIS SITE IS THE BEST PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING FOR YOUR ST, so take a hint and ask here first. Since you already have the truck, shop here first and you will hardly go wrong! JMO

Truc Trac, that is correct, if it's listed on the sticker (assembled at the plant) it is cheapest, next would be ordering when you buy the truck, and finally, ordering it after you already have the truck.

And this is why you NEED to contact Rusty. I had the same problem when I bought my '03 new from the dealer. IT did not come with the cover and they told me $1200 for it. Rusty was much lower. Right now he is:

------------------------------------------

FORD sport trac hard tonneau cover-----SHIPPING--145.00-to a business address

Part# 1L2Z 99501A42 BAA

Regular price: $1,200.00

Special Price: $895.00

---------------------------------------------

wlukus,

The overs are only $590 if you order the Sport Trac with the cover, or the cover was installed at the factory. When you try to buy the cover later, you pay more, it cost to be shipped, and you must do the installation yourself.

I don't know why Ford dealers do not ship very many Sport Tracs with the tonneau covers already installed. The dealer where I bought my two Sport Tracs and another local dealer both said they don't sell many tonneau covers.

I bought mine on a special deal from Ford back in 2000. The tonneau covers for the early Job1 Sport Tracs were not available when I purchased mine. The sold me a new tonneau cover, shipped it to my dealer, paid my dealer $125 to install it, and I only paid the factory installed price of $590, and they did not even charge for any taxes. WOW What a deal !!

....Rich

I think the tonneau cover was one of the most useful additions I put on my Trac... made it into a weather-proof, theft-resistant big 'ol trunk.

If I had known then what I know now, I would have made sure and bought a Trac with a cover already installed. However, I did find the Advance Cover to be a very good cover, and liked it better than the factory cover.

RichardL

Im glad that you get it ! Point being, Buy A truck that has this option or order it with this option but do not let the Dealership take you over.

FYI I also bought my Sport Trac in 2000 without a tonneau cover.I only paid $503 for the cover, no tax or installation charge.

Thanks for the suggestions! FYI: Logically, it would of been in my best interest to purchase the truck with the cover already installed, however, I desperately needed to get rid of my trade in and was not going to argue with dealer, regardless I took them for way more!

However, I' think after it's all said and done I'm leaning towards a matching Snugtop Snuglid and or canopy when it becomes available....

Pep

When I got my '01, factory covers weren't as available as they are now. If you want a factory cover, you will either pay dearly or you will need alot of patience. Your best bet is to call Rusty @ Spartan Linc/Merc.

The nearest thing to the factory cover is the Advance cover and is reasonable in price. However, I don't know how long it will be before you see any aftermarket covers for the Gen2's.

Unless you have absolutely no tools at all and don't want to borrow ONE, do not pay the dealer to install this one. Since they don't have to key it to the ignition, the only installation required is to bolt on the 4 strikers and then set the tonneau on top. The strikers aren't adjustable so there's no tweaking required. It takes about 10 minutes.

PS. you would poop if you knew how much this tonneau costs Ford. $1100 is ridiculous...even $500 is a nice profit for them.

PS. Not trying to knock Ford or it's tonneau...

"You cannot find a better designed tonneau cover than the factory Ford !!" -wlukus

***I wholeheartedly agree. It is designed for this truck and to survive all the durability testing*

"THIS SITE IS THE BEST PLACE TO ASK QUESTIONS BEFORE YOU BUY ANYTHING FOR YOUR ST" -mrmarvyn

***and, I might add, before you pay someone to install or work on your accessories...unless you're rich*

Latest posts