Look what I got today... :-) (Under drive pulley!!)

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Todd Z

4 wheel drive
2nd Gen owner
V8 Engine
Reaction score
What engine do you have?
V8 engine
What year is your Sport Trac?
What Generation is your Sport Trac?
2n Gen Owner
yup,

Got my under drive pulley today!!!!! :cool::cool: Looks really good....:)

It ran $298 with shipping

Thats about $20.00 bucks a HP

Here are some quick observations

Specs

It is about 1lb heaver

Stock = 6"

UDP = 4.5"

So it works out to be a 25% Under drive :unsure: Not to shabby...

They say 16 RWHP, we will see hopefully soon !!!!!!!! :wacko:

Todd Z

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Hmmm, will you have a test unit when you have the dyno day, Wayne? Then let the test-ee (that came out wrong) keep the test unit? :)

Same here.

Wayne, see what kind of price you can get me on Ground Control Coil-overs. (not for the Trac)

Tom

Good luck with that! Definately keep us posted on the results.

How will that affect the driven components? I thought the PS and alternator were already weak.

I would not like the fact of it being 11lbs hevier....lot of extra wieght on the front main...I would hope someone would make it out of alum. billet....

Yes, it is only 1 (ONE) pound heaver, But since it is smaller in dia. The larger mass in a smaller area, will tend not to vibrate as much as the stock pulley would.

Todd Z

Todd, still curious how that works. You will be working the engine less (giving you more HP) by not rotating the driven equipment as fast right? Will the A/C still be as strong, will the PS start to give you problems.....etc?

Tim

Tim,

Exactly, All the components spin at different rates due to the size of their pulleys.

Placing a smaller crank pulley slows them down, In this case about 20%....

My truck idles about 800 rpms, so at idle the components will slow down as if i was idling at about 600... This is still a safe range.. As for any one with a stereo, or large electrical draw, they may notice issues at idle.....

I also have a huge problem with the dam belt floating off the p/s pulley about 5K rpms.

This will slow the accessory speed down enough that that will not happen any more..

IT sucks when you loose complete steering and it locks up at high rpms..

Todd Z

Todd,, Do you think you'll have any problems with the AC Compressor cycling on and off because of the lower RPMs?? Seems some of us, me included, had a problem like that and had to do an idle speed adjustment to stop the cycling on and off....seems Ford compressors need a certain RPM to run steady.