license plate bulbs?

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MARVIN McINTYRE 2

Reaction score
My license plate bulbs are not working! I have replaced both sides, fuses are good, but I can get no illumination whatsoever. Here in Dallas TX, the police have been in my rearview mirror a hundred times and never pulled me over (NO tickets on me!), but just the other night that happened and this one gave me a ticket for this problem. So, my question to you guys and girls is: What could be the reason for this? Is there a way to hot wire the electrical wires and connect the power to the sockets from the tail lamp wires that power them?

At this point, any suggestions would be welcome!

Last edited by a moderator:
You could tap them off the trailer connector........ OR the tail lights... But they may blink with the directional....

I would test the wires for ground and trace the wire back.... I think you have a bad ground or broken wire..

Todd Z

Buy a test light and see which color wire from your taillights is for the parking lamps, splice into that wire and run it directly to the plate lamps. the wire that only stay solid is the parking lamp wire.

:banana:

Thanks, ToddZ and Jerry Gerner for your timely responses to my query. I just got back online from the weekund so I am just now responding to your suggestions and will employ them into my repairing scheme. That's why this site is the "official ST fix it" shop for ST owners!:banana::grin: