Lever Lift

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Art G

Reaction score
Anybody can direct me where to buy the LeverLift X2 for OEM tonnue cover for 05 ST?

Thanks

Nope, nadda, goose-egg, zip, zilch, no way, forget it, don't try, not an option, impossible, doesn't exist, can't get it, not even on the horizon, a fantasy, keep dreaming, might get lucky in the swap n sell, best bet, make your own!! Bob

Well...I don't know about that. Under Projects-Cargo Bed-Lever Lift 2 Install it talks about this item, therefore I'm not dreaming or fantazing this incredible add-on in the ST.

A member here was building them and he carries the rights to the company and design (if I recall correctly).

As mentioned, he is no longer making them at this time...

I believe that Richard has closed the doors to the company. But he is still a member. I think his user ID is RichardL. You might be able to contact him and he can help you out. Its a great product. I've had the original Level Lift for around 7 years.

This was Richards response to an question I posted on the Sport Trac Board:

I no longer make LeverLifts and the company no longer exists. I am not selling parts nor will I reveal my source for the gas springs, nor their specs.

There is a whole lot more to the selecting the proper gas springs than just taking a pair off of another brand of tonneau cover??? The gas springs I used were based on an engineering formula that requires knowing the weight to be lifted, the center of gravity of cover, the height to be lifted, the extended and compressed gas spring length, and the angle that the spring will be mounted determines how much gas spring pressure is required to lift the cover. As little as 1/4 inch error in mounting the gas spring can mean that the gas spring cannot lift the weight. Too much pressure and you can rip the mounts out and permanently damage your cover or your truck bed.

I am recently retired, and if my finances start to go south or I run out of things to do and get bored, I might consider reviving the company. But until then the LeverLift company is closed.

Chad,

Would be simple enough to make your own

Not as simple as you make it sound. It took me about 6 months of trial and error testing (even after knowing the forumula) to develop the first LeverLift kit and another 3 months to make a marketable product.

My old Tonneau cover still bears the scars (drilled holes) of all the different mounting points I tried in an attempt to get it right. My last model, the EZLift was the best and most reliable unit I made Perhaps an engineer with an intimate knowledge of gas spring design specs could have done it faster, but I am not an engineer so it took me a a lot longer and I spent a lot of money on different gas springs until I was able to get the formula to work perfectly everytime.

...Rich

Thanks for everybody's response and Richard's humbled opinion of his product. Great product Rich.

Latest posts