let's see som boats!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just got my son and I a new toy for the summer:

e2e1fd80122232aab4dd24b7ba32ab6f.jpg

Supposedly, this thing flys too.

Badger: The misses and I are tossing around getting something similar to that, how do you like it?

For everyone.. anyone with smaller boats have any problem pulling them out of the launches with just 2wd? I do have LS, but not 4wd. I know I can't pull out of the real nasty muddy ones for sure, but will I have any problem on a cement launch?

The little one? Well, actually I love both of them. Different purposes. The SeaDoo is great to buzz around in. We can ski, tube etc. It only weighs about 900 lbs, so even with the trailer, it hardly feels like it's back there when towing. We also use it a lot for a shuttle when our club has our bigger boats docked/anchored/beached somewhere other than our club. Much cheaper than our big boat to run, but with today's gas prices, we can still hit $100.00 in a weekend.

Bought it new in'87:) Bought the ST late last year,so i'm anxious to see how it tows the old boat. Have a Great summer to all:lol:[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Kimbro,

What size boat is that? I want a boat real bad but I am not sure what my limits will be with towing. That looks like a 19'-21' boat does it have a 4 or 6 cylinder engine.

Chad

She's a 2006 Four Winns Horizon 200. Advertised as 19'8". It's got a fuel enjected V8 (chevy 305) VolvoPenta. Awsome boat, but it is a heavy boat, about 4300 lbs. Plenty of storage and hauls butt. We've had her up to 45 mph....I guess the look on my face told the hubby that was fast enough.

We have some problems getting her out of the water at some of the steeper launches but that's due more to the manual tranny than anything else. The truck just doesn't have a low enough gear. Even with only 2wd, if the truck had an automatic tranny I don't think we'd have any problems at all. Pulls just fine on the highway.

Sure wish gas wasn't so expensive, I'd love to get her back in the water.

1985 Stingray 17ft. bowrider 115 Mercury outboard.

3cf8a3c91ad08189431b8c6e19661969.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Latest posts