let's see som boats!!!!!!!

Ford SportTrac Forum

Help Support Ford SportTrac Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We have a 21' Wellcraft for offshore fishing, a 14' panga for inshore fishing as well as kings and tarpon off the beach, a 14' gheenoe for those places without a boat ramp, and 2 kayaks (14' and 16') for when the hubby and I feel like going on an adventure.

I think the closest we have to what you've got is our 14' panga. We've installed rod holders, a trolling motor bracket, a downrigger bracket, a bildge pump and have run wiring for lighting. I'll take pictures tomorrow and post some if you'd like. It's dark out now and to be honest, it's not worth pulling off the cover right now.

However, congrats on the john boat. As far as fishing is concerned, you'll be unstopable now.

Save your money to mod the ST not the boat, just put the boat in the water and use it. Not sure what you would want to do to a John boat anyway beside maybe painting it if it needed it. I used my old john boat until it just simply would not float anymore, I patched holes in that thing so many times after river trips.

LOL ditto to what firedog said. We only mod our boats because we are not only avid fisherpeople, but we also fish the tournament circuit.

You know what boat stands for right? Break Out Another Thousand

:lol:

Our 21' wellcraft:

[Broken External Image]:

The kayaks on the ST:

[Broken External Image]:

Last edited by a moderator:
Certainly if you wanted to mod for speed for tournament fishing or add a fish finder/gps that would be good but if you just want to use it for general recreation just do any routine maintenance and get using it. You do not say what powers this, if you were looking for a project you could always put extra floatation in and strap like a 150hp ob on it so you could skip across the water, of course this would probably led to injuries or death so as I said before just mod the ST and use the boat as is.

I've got the itch!! Maybe this weekend... This baby has more HP than the ST!! Comes in a at a whopping 215HP! :cool:

[Broken External Image]:

[Broken External Image]:

Brian - Not quite that far north... It's at Black Hawk Lake (Lake View, IA). And we bought our ST's at the same dealer :rolleyes:

978401a89e7f6590bf684364f3f42000.jpg

Main mods are an improved sound system and the boat name painted on the back. :)

I may not own it per-say.

But I operated it or one like it for 18 years...

[Broken External Image]:

I do own a set of Polaris Jet Skis that we use all the time. We sold our 26 foot Sea Ray that had twin 292's. Was a very nice boat, just did not use it enough to justify the dockage. We had it for 11 years and then I kept getting deployed...